Hello,
I've played an epi les paul studio for the last couple of years, I love the tone, the playability and virtually everything about it. But I feel the need for an addition to my arsenal. And I have such decided to go for a semi-hollow type based on the lovely warm sound that bellows from the things. Although I would perform a relatively small bodied instrument as I play in a band, a lively ska band at that so I don't want anything too heavy when i'm jumping about. I play essentially Ska, Blues, Jazz and a little bit of harder Rock with crunchy distortion.
The only guitar i've so far found fitting my descriptors has been an epiphone dot, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

ps: My upper price limit is about £400
strat of some sort, MIM is $400, strat deluxe is like $650 new, not sure of the USD conversion of that, or one of the roadhouse or lone star strats for $600 new. strats are probably going to be able to hit all of those genres the best, considering that jazz and blues have similar darker tones, and ska is a lot brighter. neck pup for jazz and blues, bridge pup for ska and rock, and the middle pup for something inbetween.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )