Page 1 of 3
Before you start flaming my ass and yelling "search function!!!!" (which, as we know, will now inevitably happen because I asked for you not to), this isn't a "what are the pro's/con's of a PS3" thread, and it isn't a "360 vs PS3" thread either. My situation is a bit more specific.

I have a 360 elite with quite a few games, 3 controllers, 512MB memory card, and Xbox Live gold membership that was recently renewed. Problem is, it went RRoD on my ass. I thought that was more or less resolved with the Elites. Even though mine doesn't have the Falcon whateverthe**** motherboard. But whatever, point is, I haven't even had it for a year yet and it pansied out on me. So I contacted Microsoft, blah blah blah, and I'll get a replacement eventually.

Here's my question:
Should I wait to get my replacement 360, then sell all my 360 **** for money to buy a PS3? Or should I keep putting up with Microsoft and live with the fear of RRoD lurking in the shadows?

I'm inclined to go PS3. But even if I sell everything, I'll probably have to reach into my pocket a little to pay for a console, not to mention games and controllers.

Opinions?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
you should go to the gaming thread
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Mine F***ed up once and has been perfecto ever since so "DONT DO IT"
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
You should get a Wii.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
My Xbox has broken down 4 times in the past year and a half, and it has one of the "new" falcon chips. The only reason I keep it is because my friends all have one. I say if you have a 1080P TV, get the PS3 for the blueray alone.
In 5 years time you'll want a PS3.
Bigger possibilities and bluray. The HD shizzle hasn't launched quite yet but will be good news for Sony.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Get a ps3. Better in the long run. And I can own you on Killzone 2 come February
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
360 elites come with hard drives, not memory cards. They are also the better system for online play and first person shooters.
I was disappointed with the PS3. Just wait for your 360. People bitch about their Xbox RRoD'ing and they have to buy a new one, I laugh at them, I call Microsoft and I get a new one for free.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
well as an owner (well sort of. my mom technically just bought the ps3 to function as a blu-ray player for herself, but whatever) of both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, I must say that I have WAY more fun on the PS3. Also, the PSN network is free which is a huge plus.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by shadesofanger
I was disappointed with the PS3. Just wait for your 360. People bitch about their Xbox RRoD'ing and they have to buy a new one, I laugh at them, I call Microsoft and I get a new one for free.

Wow, way to support ****ty products. Just how many times have you had to callMicrosoft for your next 360. Oh and chances are it isn't "free" they just put that cost in the initial purchase.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Jan 28, 2009,
Get a PS3. I own both and although the 360 has a wider variety of games at the moment the PS3 just feels like it is better built and will continue being awesome for years to come. The Blu Ray player is a huge bonus too if you have a HDTV.
Quote by Jericho114
Wow, way to support ****ty products. Just how many times have you had to callMicrosoft for your next 360. Oh and chances are it isn't "free" they just put that cost in the initial purchase.

Only 2 times in about 4 years. Yes it is free, I havn't had to pay **** to get a new one.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by Jericho114
Wow, way to support ****ty products. Just how many times have you had to Microsoft for your next 360. Oh and chances are it isn't "free" they just put that cost in the initial purchase.

Yeah I hate that attitude. My Xbox has rrodded me twice and it really is like a big 'fuck you' whenever it happens. If a product that breaks so often got out of their QC then either MS are very either short sighted in not realising the consumer backlash or just plan stupid.
Quote by shadesofanger
Only 2 times in about 4 years. Yes it is free, I havn't had to pay **** to get a new one.

No but where do Microsoft get their money from? YOU. They need money to replace broken ones therefore YOU are paying a premium on other products to support their mistake.
El Gigante, I have a measly 720p tele, so the Blu-Ray isn't that important.

The fact that 360s have a 30% failure rate, while the failure rate of PS3s is under 1%, motivates me to shell out a few extra bucks for a PS3. I had also considered selling most of my Xbox games and controllers, but keeping the few I play with friends (Halo 3 and COD4 mainly), but then I don't have nearly as much to get a PS3 with.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Last edited by Aceroth at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by Death_switch
No but where do Microsoft get their money from? YOU. They need money to replace broken ones therefore YOU are paying a premium on other products to support their mistake.

And where do they get my money from? Do they take it out of my bank account, which I never told them the info to?
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
Quote by shadesofanger
And where do they get my money from? Do they take it out of my bank account, which I never told them the info to?

No they just depend on blind stupid loyalty. You fit that bill.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by bendystraw
360 elites come with hard drives, not memory cards. They are also the better system for online play and first person shooters.

Are you kidding? I hope you're kidding.

360 Elites come with 120GB hard drives. I said I have a 512MB memory card, not hard drive. I also have the hard drive, but I thought that was implied. You can't get a "core" elite system unless you find someone on ebay with one. And then the advantage of the elite is shot.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Get the ps3, stay away from the wii.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Jericho114
No they just depend on blind stupid loyalty. You fit that bill.

Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
Quote by shadesofanger

No read what I said please.
get a ps3
ive had mine for over a year and i got no complaints about it whatsoever
nice sturdy gaming system which meets my needs
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Death_switch
No read what I said please.

Re-read it, I kinda don't understand but are you saying they pay to replace my product? If so it's their fault, but they don't care because they make a large profit off of stuff like Xbox Live and people buying new Xbox 360's because theirs RRoD.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
I wouldn't sell the 360 for a PS3. I love the PS3 and I strongly prefer the PS3, but I wouldn't recommend selling all of your Xbox stuff to get one. They're pretty pricey, so most of your money would go towards the console itself and not towards videogames to play on it.

In my opinion, you should just save up some money and get a PS3 so you can have both. Both systems are more enjoyable that way anyways.
Quote by shadesofanger

You really need to A) Learn how to read, or B) Stop being retarded.
AND EDIT: NO! What he's saying is the products that you've already bought (ie, games, the original xbox you bought, and xbox live) are all OVERPRICED to make up for the money they lose when they have to send out new ones for "free". Notice the free is in quoatations.

If you really need the extra push to go for a PS3, I know it's not completely legit, but just look at the PS2, it's still a part of mainstream gaming for the most part and its as old as some UGers. I've even seen some PS1's still kicking around. You wanna talk about quality worksmanship? It's no wonder we waited like 4 years from the announcement date to the release date of the PS3, they wanted to make it perfect for us
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Last edited by rock_star77 at Jan 28, 2009,
On the Xbox side we have: Mindless ignorant loyalty, accompanied by "ps3 is teh suck, get xbox!!" Absent of reasoning.

On the PS3 side we have: Logic and reason. Constructive, helpful comments.

PS3 it is. Thanks guys.

P.S. Just a note, I'm not referring to everyone on those sides, just the majority. I realize some of you Xbox supporters are intelligent and gave reasons and stuff. There are surely some ignorant PS3 fanboys too. So I wasn't intending to generalize everyone.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Last edited by Aceroth at Jan 28, 2009,
Ps3 will be worth more to you down the road.

-BluRay
-Larger processors
-Free online

And all of the Ps3's big hits are starting to come out, such as Killzone 2 and GoW 3.
Quote by shadesofanger
Re-read it, I kinda don't understand but are you saying they pay to replace my product? If so it's their fault, but they don't care because they make a large profit off of stuff like Xbox Live and people buying new Xbox 360's because theirs RRoD.

Exactly. You pay a premium on things like Xbox Live and other Microsoft related products (MS points, the consoles themselves etc.) so they can afford to replace the broken consoles without losing money. The cost always comes from the consumers and 'there is no such thing as a free lunch'.
Ps3. sufficed to say, ps3 is free to get online, we also get demos, achievements/trophies and we have the best online avatar system (playstation home)

Blu ray.

and soon theyre going to be letting you download movies in HD just like the xbox live does, but again, free, your only paying for the download.

But at the end of the day, its all preference.
Quote by madbasslover
I wouldn't sell the 360 for a PS3. I love the PS3 and I strongly prefer the PS3, but I wouldn't recommend selling all of your Xbox stuff to get one. They're pretty pricey, so most of your money would go towards the console itself and not towards videogames to play on it.

In my opinion, you should just save up some money and get a PS3 so you can have both. Both systems are more enjoyable that way anyways.

I've considered this too, and I'm gonna think it over to see if I could afford to get one without selling my Xbox.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Page 1 of 3