What exactly should I do? My brother loves it when I do sweeps, but when my girlfriend sees me sweep she's unimpressed.. however when I do like 3 chords on my acoustic it's supposedly ****ing amazing. So should I just shred or what.. :/
Wut? Sweeping unimpressive? I hope she plays guitar to think that
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
dont shred shes probably a normal human being who appreciates normal music not shredding
Shred
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
meh, sweeps are just another way of playing chords so make a nice sounding chord progression into a song and play it for them in sweeps.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
play a good solo song with some shredding. but don't do 6 string sweeps for a minute and a half and call it a show.
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
dont shred shes probably a normal human being who appreciates normal music not shredding

+1. Not everybody likes shreding if its a school show then most parents wouldnt like that sort of stuff, just play some acoustic with vocals, or classical gas.
^Id go with the post above this guy actually. Put some shred into it, but dont make the whole song sweeping.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by loudog93
play a good solo song with some shredding. but don't do 6 string sweeps for a minute and a half and call it a show.

This exactly.

It's a talent show. Shredding is impressive. Don't go up there and play Hey There Delilah just because your girlfriend thinks it's sweet.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Why are you debating what techniques to play?

Just play music.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH

QFT
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
maybe cover a song and add a little improve into the solo
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
im not a personal fan of shred, play something that the crowd can listen to without going "wtf was that", shredding is impressive but typically to those that dont play, it just doesnt make sense, but a nice short technical solo wouldnt be a bad idea
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by ibrahimasood
+1. Not everybody likes shreding if its a school show then most parents wouldnt like that sort of stuff, just play some acoustic with vocals, or classical gas.

who cares bout the parents, its YOUR show, you do what YOU want
Canon rock. DO IT!....DO IT!
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by chrisa123
Canon rock. DO IT!....DO IT!

hate to say it but its true. everyone knows it
Quote by Life Is Brutal
There is nobody in my entire school who knows anything about sweep picking, so they're unimpressed when I sweep things like Thunderhorse, Alaska, Or anything else really...

then your school is fucked up...
just play your favorite instrumental song
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard