I have the opportunity to get this amp for $50. I researched it and I am confused if it will work good with a regular electric guitar (I have an ibanez SZ720FM.... regular 6 string electric). Will this thing work..? The reason I am asking is because the link I am posting states it is for steel guitars or something? What does that mean?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Nashville-1000-1x15-300W-Amp?sku=481375

Please, any help appreciated.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
can you be more specific? you didnt really answer the question what is a steel guitar...
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
I think by "steel guitars" its referring to lap steels.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Just buy it and try it. If you don't like it, just post it on Clist and pull in a bit of profit.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I thought that was a guitar amp. I was gonna say, who you tryin' to kill?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It is, I mistaked it for a guitar amp, imagine if it was a tube guitar amp.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It's actually a steel guitar amp technically, but by the sounds of it, you can use it for other stuff too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
It's for this guitar, but it may work.

No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Steeze
I believe that it is a bass amp.

What?

It's designed for lap guitars. You should be able to get away with playing guitar on it, or at least you can sell it for more than $50.

EDIT: New, those things go from $800-1000. Definitely pick this up, if only to resell it.
Last edited by jam979 at Jan 28, 2009,
It's a steel guitar amp. They use them alot in country music and other rootsy music. It's the kinda sad sounding slide guitar in the background. One of the stylistic trademarks of good country music.
****. i guess ill give it a go anyways...
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
I don't see why you're upset (detecting from your last post)
If you don't like it, you shouldn't have a problem selling it on Clist.
You could probably take it to a store for them to buy it and you'd probably get a couple hundred bucks in profit.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
It's for this guitar, but it may work.

WTF... is that **** even real? who comes up with this stupid sh**? Then they go make special amps for this type of horsesh** and force the people who buy those amps to make threads like this...

Quote by darkarbiter7
I don't see why you're upset (detecting from your last post)
If you don't like it, you shouldn't have a problem selling it on Clist.
You could probably take it to a store for them to buy it and you'd probably get a couple hundred bucks in profit.

Yeah I know man...
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by Rooskiy
WTF... is that **** even real? who comes up with this stupid sh**? Then they go make special amps for this type of horsesh** and force the people who buy those amps to make threads like this...

You're an idiot.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Ahh alright

You could always use it as a power amp too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Rooskiy

erm...ever heard of Robert Randolph? these things arent anything new, and you can soem rpetty freaking awesome sounds from them.....i would expand your knowledge of musical instruments A LOT more before makign comments like that again
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Rooskiy

Yeah I know man...

These things came before electric guitars. They're not exactly niche instruments; they show up in just about every country song ever.