hey guys, so im thinking of swapping my pickups to compensate the brightness of my peavey triple X its kinda too ice picky , and hurts me ears, i think that new pick ups would help this, since i have an alder body , with a flame maple top with an emg 81 in the bridge (it came stock) and it jsut sounds too thin, i wanna go passive, im pretty sure on the neck pick up that im going to get a paf pro or air norton but im not sure about the bridge, an evo 2 ? im looking for more warmth but still want it to hold clarity. thanks in advance
Alder is notoriously bright as well. Why would you get an alder body if your amp is already too bright.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i had the guitar before the amp

*EDIT*
if so which speaker for older metal , thrash , blues , and decent cleans for jazz

and i will still like to get new pick ups no offense to anyone im getting sick of EMGs done the 18v mod and everything to try and keep them , just not my cup of tea
Last edited by whoswt at Jan 28, 2009,
Did you play the amp before buying it?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Ok, I understand now, go with Ghold's suggestion, sorry for putting you on the spot.
Quote by chip46
I say swap the speaker(s)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
its cool lepaul#1 its normally how i would treat a noob like myself too lmao

*EDIT*
does anyone have a suggestion for a speaker swap then ?
Last edited by whoswt at Jan 28, 2009,
Vintage 30s? Best of luck with whatever course of action you take.
Quote by chip46
I'd suggest making a new thread in the gear building and customizing thread.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Put in some v30s. Does it have a presence knob? Don't know to much about peaveys sorry. If it has a presence knob make sure that's not cranked to high.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.