so i was checkin out this ""Marshall Limited Edition MG100HDFX and MG412A Purple Half Stack"" and was wondering if anyone has ever used it and what do they think. its $550 , and i saw it was a limited edition, so maybe one day it will be worth something a lil more. but i just wanted to get some opioions before i go out and buy. i

secondly, i only have 550 to spend " 550 credit left on my GC card. lol so it must be from them.
Last edited by joecerillo at Jan 28, 2009,
$5500 to spend?!
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I dislike the tone to the Marshall MG halfstack.

Do you gig?
What styles of music do you play?
I leik music
Don't get an MG. The cleans are shallow and sharp, not warm too my ears, and the overdrive sounds like a DS-1 to me. What genres do you play?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i play alot of pink floyd, and a little sabbath.. so i guess that counts as like ""blues/rock"""
Avoid like the plague.
Just because it's limited edition doesn't mean it'll be worth anything in the future.
And besides, they probably made tons of them, so they won't really be hard to find

Look into something else. What styles of music do you play?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Maybe a used Classic 30?
Quote by chip46
i play classic rock. 90 % of the time my band and i are doing our recreation of pink floyd's "the wall". but obviously i cant afford a hi-watt.

i always like having a distortion setting for black sabbath. but i want a good pink floyd stack.
You'll have a hard time finding a stack under $550.
Quote by chip46
+1 to the Classic 30.
One heck of an amp
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Wow dude, there a ton of killer amps not that far from you that I would much rather have. That purple MG you see will probably be worth $300 in 5 years.

There are much better. No particular order (most recent on down). That Traynor will sound more like a Marshall then that purple MG made by Park Amps. Some of these need speaker cabinets but still........

Traynor YCV40 112 combo $599 (pure yum, talk down)
http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1011727635.html

Peavey Transtube half stack $400
http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1009809453.html

Vox AD60VTX combo $450
http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1008210474.html

Vox AC15 CC1 combo $400 (despie size and looks it kills)
http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1002628431.html

Laney Pro Tube 100 head/case $400 (needs Cab VERY NICE)
http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1002191539.html

Ampeg VH140C head $450 (needs cab but Brootalz)
http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1001447762.html

Marshall JCM800 combo (the real deal if you can stretch)
http://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/1001447762.html

Or a Peavey Classic 30 as mentioned
i dunno, i mean you can't discount the possibility that a market might emerge for tall, purple heavy boxes made of particle board/MDF. assuming that's not going to happen (say, if lawrence llewellyn-bowen stops making Home Improvement TV programmes), though, there are generally better-value, better-sounding amps you can buy than the MG- especially in the USA.

^ those suggested by 311 would be worth a look... peavey classic 30 would be worth a try too. probably the traynor ycv and peavey classic 30 would be the main ones to look at for the tones you're after...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 28, 2009,
he only has $550 to spend at Guitar Centre since its on a gift card, so Classic 30, Bugara 333XL or 6262, maybe a Valveking, however I am not a fan of the latter.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
MG= My Gentials.

Therefore, if you buy one you will be buying my genitals.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

MGs suck. I like monkeys. Let's make this thread about monkeys.

Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales

He just listened to an MG.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
That amp is just a ragular MG just right before they're about to ship it, they get Barney to hurl purple on it

Better stuff for ur money
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by funkymonkz
he only has $550 to spend at Guitar Centre since its on a gift card, so Classic 30, Bugara 333XL or 6262, maybe a Valveking, however I am not a fan of the latter.

good catch my bad

so buy the purple people eater and sell it on craigslist to some noob who needz a OMGz teh pUrPlez iz teh shex shtack

and then look at my list
^ but the resell value is so ****ty that its not worth it

Even a noob who wants "teh perpuhlz Mershawlz stak" will just buy it from any of the other millions of people who bought an MG before they realized it sucks mad D
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
it's a big purple MG. whats not to love?

oh yeah, I'm sorry, tone.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Alright, why dont' you sell the 550 gift card to someone for, say, 500? then you can get a decent used amp!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
or you could get the Palomino v50. GC has the price match guarentee so you could get it for $350, and have money left over for an OD pedal and a Big Muff to nail the Gilmour tones.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Do yourself a favor and go to GC, try these amps out and decide which one of them:

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - $700 (I've heard a local band with this through a distortion pedal on the clean channel, it absolutely nailed that 70s rock tone)

Peavey Classic 30 - $600
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Well if you left the limited edition MG in the box for 10 years and never use it. Then it might actually work 10 years from now. But its very doubtful there will ever be some sort of vintage demand for MG amps much less a purple one. Just one of those things you dont get much of a halfstack for 550 bucks.
MGs suck. The purple one is ugly as ****. You'd be lucky if it still works in a few years, and you'd have to be an extremely luck mofo to sell it for more than you bought it for.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^I liked it.

No clean channel. Not the greatest cab if you go with Peavey cab but otherwise - pretty solid. Based on Marshall JCM900 or 800. yepper

Head by itself was going for $250 I think. I you don't like speakers you can always sell cab and pick up a nice 2x12. Why do you need half stack?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 29, 2009,
i had an mg30 a couple years ago. totally sucked. it sounded completely fake on every setting, like it was trying too hard to sound like something it wasn't. it would fizz and fuzz, cut out. was lucky to sell it for $40. i now have owned my vox ad100vt for close to a year and have yet to be disappointed. you may want to check out the vox valvetronix amps. good bang for your buck imho.
Quote by joecerillo

Just so you know, it's a very very loud amp, and from what I understand the cab that comes with it is not that good.

Do us a favor and tell us what sort of music genre you're playing, whether this is for home practice or gigging and how much you're willing to spend in addition to the $550.

If you're looking for something to play at home for example, cranking a 100w tube half stack (like the Windsor) will blow up your house probably.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
i play pink floyd mostly. and im looking for a gilmour tone without a gilmour price. my 200 watt crate combo sounded better than any amp in GC when i checked them out yesterday. i playe the purple mg and it sounded like garbag'e. this would be used for gigging, my crate is my main studio and home amp. I just bought a new martin, so 550 is all i have left lol
i was close to buying the line 6 halfstack, cause i liked the 400 presets, but honeltly with a delay pedal and a distortion my crate sounds better, than the line 6's gilmour presets
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^I liked it.

No clean channel. Not the greatest cab if you go with Peavey cab but otherwise - pretty solid. Based on Marshall JCM900 or 800. yepper

Head by itself was going for $250 I think. I you don't like speakers you can always sell cab and pick up a nice 2x12. Why do you need half stack?

Well, you could always pop a couple of 12AT7's in it to lower the gain and make it cleaner

+1 to 311's suggestions.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores