hey does anyone know of a good effects pedal or amp that really helps the harmonics and pinch harmonics stand out? cuz alot of the fall of troy and some other metal bands use pinch harmonics alot and i can do them but they arent exactly... loud.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37
i can do them but they arent exactly... loud.

because you're playing emgs through an mg.

before you waste your money on any effects know that your technique is the #1 factor, however a tube amp wouldn't hurt since you're running EMGs.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
distortion usually helps
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
You should probably keep practicing.

Buy a new amp before pedals if you are planning on getting something though.
Get a tube amp and practice.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Well, a lot of it's in the technique but a good amp with plenty of gain helps. I have trouble with them on my C30 but on the Dual Recto I use with my band, I can do them just fine
Practice, practice, practice, then get a real amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i find from my experience that gear doesnt help with pinch harmonics as much as people think it would. keep on practicing, look up as many pictures and videos as you can that would help. but later on, look into saving up for a 6505/5150 of some sort, so many hardcore bands use them.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
hey the fall of troy isnt metal...
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by weetadsftw

please, as much as we all agree, this guys asking us for help on harmonics, not to start a metal/not-metal war
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
techniqueis the most important part but having a decent amount of gain and your mids turned up a bit should help. the voicing of marshalls (high end, jcm800 etc) are great for pinch harmonics in my opinion.
Quote by weetadsftw

no **** they are post-hardcore/proggressive metal/experimental. i didnt say they were metal i said other bands

Quote by GODhimself37
no **** they are post-hardcore/proggressive metal/experimental. i didnt say they were metal i said other bands

I hate how specific these genres have gotten.

And get a new amp.
Quote by GODhimself37

periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by GNRjungle87

And get a new amp.

No kidding... to me there's rock, hard rock, metal and death metal...... I couldn't be bothered to figure out what everything else is and isn't.
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
No kidding... to me there's rock, hard rock, metal and death metal...... I couldn't be bothered to figure out what everything else is and isn't.

I just recognize 3 genre's of music.

There's good music, which is one of them, and then everything else falls under top 40 or country. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by GODhimself37
hey does anyone know of a good effects pedal or amp that really helps the harmonics and pinch harmonics stand out? cuz alot of the fall of troy and some other metal bands use pinch harmonics alot and i can do them but they arent exactly... loud.

hands.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Get something with like br00talz gainz. Just pick up a metal zone or something. Your tone is most likely incredibly ****ty, so adding a metal zone won't adversely affect you or anything. Just make sure you set all the knobs to 10.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by echo_4190
I just recognize 3 genre's of music.

There's good music, which is one of them, and then everything else falls under top 40 or country. :P

Hey you liking the broken in speaker better?
Quote by GNRjungle87

And get a new amp.

do u have money so i can buy a new amp? cuz if u could give me some im sure i would get another no problem

not everyone has lots of money dickhead

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

prog-metal is different than regular metal. ALOT different

Quote by GODhimself37
prog-metal is different than regular metal. ALOT different

still, im just saying, how many people talk about dream theater or symphony X like "oh theyr not metal". progressive metal is a sub genre of metal, is that too hard to understand?. save up for a new amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by GODhimself37
do u have money so i can buy a new amp? cuz if u could give me some im sure i would get another no problem

not everyone has lots of money dickhead

I know, BUT you can sell your current amp, and save more money too. I didn't mean to come off as such a jerk, so I apologize.