Page 1 of 2
Gah, I can't believe I'm in school, living in a different country, and on the other side of the continent while this is going to be happening. That line-up is so solid. Hardcore hates Canada.
I'm seeing Converge and Ceremony that Friday in Brooklyn. I don't think I'm up for flying to Virginia after that.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
I'm seeing Converge and Ceremony that Friday in Brooklyn. I don't think I'm up for flying to Virginia after that.

Luckily, I'm about an hour and a half from this festival, and it's the 27th and 28th, and the 29th, I'm seeing Converge, Ceremony, et al again in Philly.
...i don't know if i want to go to the fest.....or just converge and ceremony ha. Either way Dave, i'm definitely going to try to get that hotel with you, i might have some friends interested in coming too, maybe. We'll figure it out though.
Quote by SadistNation
...i don't know if i want to go to the fest.....or just converge and ceremony ha. Either way Dave, i'm definitely going to try to get that hotel with you, i might have some friends interested in coming too, maybe. We'll figure it out though.

Noice. My friend Ian (another Ian) is probably gonna be going. I figure between 3-5 of us we could afford a hotel. w00t!
Blacklisted is now playing. Mind Eraser dropped.

Who else is going to this?
I just booked my hotel room for friday, so stoked on this show.

Try to get their early for Mother of Mercy, they play second I believe, you will not be dissapointed
Quote by Internal Chaos
Give me a place to stay and let me borrow a few $1000 and I'll go. I like EVERY BAND on that list.

why the **** would i give you money? that doesnt even make sense
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
that still doesnt tell me why
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
ill remember not to take any of your posts seriously from now on
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Fucking thing sold out. God damnit. But I'm still seeing Converge, Ceremony, Genghis Tron, Coliseum and Pulling Teeth the next day.

seeing this lineup 3 times in one week. its gonna rule
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
im going to the philly one, and a day before UB theyre playing at Champs which is out near like harrisburg. Basically me and my friends are going to champs, going back to west chester to sleep, wake up, down to virginia, well probably get home around like 3 in the morning sunday morning, then get up and goto the philly show. weekend will be ridiculous.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by saxaxe
Yea? Well on Saturday, I get to see my sister in a high school production of Annie.
So there.

yeah, you win
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
So I got home at about 630 this morning from Unite Blood, and I must say it was an awesome weekend.

Started out on friday with some band that i missed cause the line was around the block, but I made it in just in time for Mother of Mercy which was awesome and got a bigger reaction then I had expected. Some other highlights of the first day was Trapped Under Ice has huge mosh, title fight, war hungry, and have heart. Cold World was ****ing awesome to. Sadly Trash Talk dropped, I was kinda pissed but whatever, im seeing them twice in april. Everything went very smoothly the first day.

Then saturday music started around 1 with a band called Naysayer who I never listened to before hand but they were pretty good. Bad Seed got one of the biggest reactions of any band, they were awesome, and they covered metallica and it was insane. THen when Pulling Teeth came on people were swinging off the plumbing pipes on the sceling and some kid broke a pipe so they had to stop. Show was delayed an hour and half because of it, but it still went on. After that i'd say just about every band was awesome, bitter end was awesome. blacklisted was one of the best sets, i think taking 5 months off made there presence that much better. rise and fall was good. Ceremony was ****ing insane, the singer is seriously out of his mind and the when he talks its ****ing creepy. it was my first time seeing Converge and I must say they were amazing, band is so tight, jake bannon is god, and the drummer is ridic, unfortunately they didn't get as big of a reaction as I had hoped, a lot of the kids there are the kind of kids that only like older style hardcore and think eveyrthing else sucks, but there was still a decent mosh. Converge also played 'The Saddest Day' which they haven't played in like 4 years. Cro-Mags were pretty much ridiculous. all the oldheads came out and danced. And to top the night off, when the show was letting out some punk kid threw a water bottle at some bros car. and when the bro came out to try and be tuff he pretty much picked a fight with about 100 angry punx, and got his ass kicked, his girlfriend and her friend def got hit a few times, the main punk kid broke his back window with his hand, took his golf clubs out and smashed out all the rest of windows. was pretty insane. all in all united blood was a fun weekend.

did anyone else go?
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
So I got home at about 630 this morning from Unite Blood, and I must say it was an awesome weekend.

Started out on friday with some band that i missed cause the line was around the block, but I made it in just in time for Mother of Mercy which was awesome and got a bigger reaction then I had expected. Some other highlights of the first day was Trapped Under Ice has huge mosh, title fight, war hungry, and have heart. Cold World was ****ing awesome to. Sadly Trash Talk dropped, I was kinda pissed but whatever, im seeing them twice in april. Everything went very smoothly the first day.

Then saturday music started around 1 with a band called Naysayer who I never listened to before hand but they were pretty good. Bad Seed got one of the biggest reactions of any band, they were awesome, and they covered metallica and it was insane. THen when Pulling Teeth came on people were swinging off the plumbing pipes on the sceling and some kid broke a pipe so they had to stop. Show was delayed an hour and half because of it, but it still went on. After that i'd say just about every band was awesome, bitter end was awesome. blacklisted was one of the best sets, i think taking 5 months off made there presence that much better. rise and fall was good. Ceremony was ****ing insane, the singer is seriously out of his mind and the when he talks its ****ing creepy. it was my first time seeing Converge and I must say they were amazing, band is so tight, jake bannon is god, and the drummer is ridic, unfortunately they didn't get as big of a reaction as I had hoped, a lot of the kids there are the kind of kids that only like older style hardcore and think eveyrthing else sucks, but there was still a decent mosh. Converge also played 'The Saddest Day' which they haven't played in like 4 years. Cro-Mags were pretty much ridiculous. all the oldheads came out and danced. And to top the night off, when the show was letting out some punk kid threw a water bottle at some bros car. and when the bro came out to try and be tuff he pretty much picked a fight with about 100 angry punx, and got his ass kicked, his girlfriend and her friend def got hit a few times, the main punk kid broke his back window with his hand, took his golf clubs out and smashed out all the rest of windows. was pretty insane. all in all united blood was a fun weekend.

did anyone else go?

sounds sweet

except converge played the saddest day a few days earlier in boston...just sayin
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
sounds sweet

except converge played the saddest day a few days earlier in boston...just sayin

yeah accoirding to the people i talked to who were at that show, said they played it then for the first time in 4 years, it was all within in a week, my friend saw thema t champs on thursday to and said they played it. theyll probably play it at the church in philly tonight
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Naysayer rules.
Mother of Mercy rules.
Bad Seed sux.
Hoping the new Bitter End comes out in 09.
Can't wait for the new Blacklisted.
I will be rocking the new Trapped Under Ice all summer.
Quote by Frenzied
Naysayer rules.
Mother of Mercy rules.
Bad Seed sux.
Hoping the new Bitter End comes out in 09.
Can't wait for the new Blacklisted.
I will be rocking the new Trapped Under Ice all summer.

your clearly retarded if you think bad seed sucks. they had one of the best reactions of any band that played the whole show. even ceremony's singer quoted bad seed. bad seed was deifnately one of my favorite sets
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
And to top the night off, when the show was letting out some punk kid threw a water bottle at some bros car. and when the bro came out to try and be tuff he pretty much picked a fight with about 100 angry punx, and got his ass kicked, his girlfriend and her friend def got hit a few times, the main punk kid broke his back window with his hand, took his golf clubs out and smashed out all the rest of windows.

Wow, what a dick. The punk kid, that is.
Quote by saxaxe
Wow, what a dick. The punk kid, that is.

i dont really feel bad, it was some drunk bro dude(there was an irish fest going on a block down the street) who was just trying to act tough for his girlfriend. right after he got out of his car i yelled to him trying to help him "get back in your car dude, you dont knwo what your getting into" but he didn't listen. the fact that he tried to act tought to a guy that easily had 300 people behind is an idiot, and the whole situation could have easily been avoided if he was mature about it.

lesson being; dont be a bro
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
The whole situation could have been avoided if the dumb shit punk kid didn't make an ass move like throwing a water bottle at the car.
It pisses me off that people think just because someone follows a certain style or dresses a certain way it's ok to pull shit like that. It's just extremely immature.
The whole situation could have been avoided if the dumb shit punk kid didn't make an ass move like throwing a water bottle at the car.
It pisses me off that people think just because someone follows a certain style or dresses a certain way it's ok to pull shit like that. It's just extremely immature.

well the bro was being an asshole and he started it. he was honking and reving his engine because he didn't think the kid was moving out of his way fast enough (when the kid didn't see him and when he did moved out of the way withouth any problem) so the punk kid was annoyed and threw an empty water bottle, not something anyone should really get that mad over(not like its gonna damage his car or anything) and the bro gets out and this is a direct quote "WANNA DACE PUNK?!". so like i said, if he were more mature about the situation it would have been avoided. there are pics on b9 of the kids hand who punched through his back window

i mean it really could go either way on who's to blame but the bro didnt help his cause in any way, even when the bouncer tried to break it up he kept pushing it a lot more than the punk kid did. the punk kid just kinda laughed at him and didnt tak ehim seriously at first
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Last edited by handbanana at Mar 30, 2009,
handbanana, you have no idea how jealous I am. Plus, you have to post about it in every thread just to rub it in my face . Which band do you think got the most crowd interaction?
That's such a bad-ass story, bro's definitely don't get what's coming often enough. I wish every asshole that sucks down protein shakes and jag-bombs on a regular basis got their cars ****ed up by angry kids.
Page 1 of 2