Ok im getting a new schecter damien (emg's baby) and i dont know if i should get the one with floyd rose or get the standard... everybody says that the floyd rose is a pain in the butt when your changing you strings but that it stays in tune amazingly...but i dont know...
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") He lost his ears to a pyrotechnics display
Please buy him new ears

Boats and Hos!
Quote by gnomieowns
well are you going to use the FR?

definitely but i dont know if its worth all the fuss of changing strings
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") He lost his ears to a pyrotechnics display
Please buy him new ears

Boats and Hos!
i don't think that the FR would stay in tune significantly MORE than the hadtail.
i think they should stay in tune mor or less the same time. if the hardtail doesn't stays in tune, it's because of a bad bridge or nut or tuners.

the only thing you have to think about when making the decision (i think) is if you're gonna use the FR for really. if so so, maybe you should save the cash and get the standard ver.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
In all honesty those are EMG-Hz pickups (if i'm not mistaken) which are passive and kind of bleh.

As for the FR, if you'll use it, then get it. If you don't see yourself using it much, don't. Yes, it is a pain to set up, tune, and restring, but you'll get better and faster at it. You will get frustrated, but you have to have a lot of patience with them. Once i took 2 hours (up until 2am) to get my floyd flush on my ibanez. I guess i have patience and determination but idk.
Quote by imnotinsane
definitely but i dont know if its worth all the fuss of changing strings

If your going to use it alot get it, theres a learning curve with it though. Once you learn though its easy I can usually bring mine back into perfect tune within 5 minutes.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor