hey i wanted to know if there was any program like garage band for pc. that you hook up youre guitar to ure c using a 1/4 to 1/8 cable . and lets you simulate an amp and effets .

i know all other programs that use interfaces. but i dont wanna use the interface.

i tried mixcraft but it doesnt seem to work like it should.

any other ideas ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard
Limited edition Schecter omen 7
Custom RR V with emgs 81/85,24 frets and floyd.

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
That is not 'the best thing out there'.

What problems did you have with Mixcraft?
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
That is not 'the best thing out there'.

but it is in HIS HONEST OPINION.
and yeah, i'v heard good things about the toneport, and "gearbox" as well.
Well in this case, his opinion is most certainly wrong. Line 6 Toneport is no more the best audio interface than a Squier Affinity strat is the best guitar ever.

It might be good in his opinion for a low budget piece of hardware, but as interfaces go, it's at the very low end of the spectrum.
yes lol thats the guitar i have. anyways so any programs.? because the whole thing is that ive used my guitar with no interface just a 1/4 to 1/8 cable and hooked it to a imac with garageband and i could use the amp simulation . and it sounded perfect actually.

so i just wanna know of a program that is like garageband that allows me to just hook up the guitar to either my MIC jack or my LINE IN jack . and thats it
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
what programs do you include in all programs ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
but i mean for amp simulation . because i cant do it that way with amplitube.
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
I'm pretty sure you can. You'll just probably experience latency, that's all.
i have amplitube. thats why i know it doesnt work with it that way. u gean some real bad noise
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
so until apple makes garageband for pc i wanna know what software to use ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
any ideas ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
you need a good interface (not the toneport) for PC, Macs have them built in, PCs just have crappy 16/44.1 soundcards with bad A/D converters (I think the toneport is also 16/44.1 only with slightly higher quality converters.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I use a 1/4" -> 1/8" adapter on my 20" G5 Imac (no interface) and it sounds beautiful. Works with everything - Amplitube 2 (I have all of em), Guitar Rig 3, and with My DAW's - LOGIC STUDIO PRO, CUBASE 4, TRACKTION 3, etc. The new Garageband '09 is amazing. The new Amps and the new Stompboxes RAWK. The new GUI makes it all look like real hardware and much easier to configure. Actually the sound in the new GB is much richer and fatter sounding - less noise from the high gain amps (better noise gates) - there's like 30 amps and 8 or 10 stompboxes - all fully customizable too - amazing for the money - sounds fantastic too. I have a Vista PC but all my recordings are done with my Mac as I have ZERO issues - never a latency problem, and it all just plain WORKS.

http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jan 30, 2009,
i knew the macs soundcard wasnt so good by itself . you say the new garageband is sorta like amplitube now ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by airslashfury
i knew the macs soundcard wasnt so good by itself . you say the new garageband is sorta like amplitube now ?

Macs actually have pretty good inbuilt soundcards, PCs don't however, and you wanted something for PC.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yeah, the Mac in built soundcard is nowhere near as good as a good interface, but they far surpass the cheapo ones they throw in most PC's.
would getting a good . sound blaster would that help ? cuz i kinda have to change it anyways. because atleast the sound card has multiple uses. also would a pod work instead ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
u mind not trolling around
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by airslashfury
would getting a good . sound blaster would that help ? cuz i kinda have to change it anyways. because atleast the sound card has multiple uses. also would a pod work instead ?

You should look at solution like the M-audio Fasttrack pro. Sound blaster is design for games not for recording.
Im currently using a korg PX5D as a USB audio interface from my guitar to my computer, i can use it on it's own or i can use it with any DAW software (audicaity, reaper) or any software modeling software such as guitar rig 3, amplitude.

I'm using guitar rig 3 with it at the moment and it really does sound pretty awesome, even for clean's, the distortion is pretty nice also, but i think my current pick ups make it a little to, um quite abit muddy.

I'd really recomend a USB type interface over the 1/4 - 1/8 audio interface, no interfence at all.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Bah i'm having problems with this also. I just went and bought a 1/4 to 1/8 to plug into my guitar into my pc. It works fine as a clean tone, no static or anything, but when i hit the start button on "guitar fx box 2.7" I get all static and noise.

I've tried messing around with all the inputs/outputs so thats not the problem and i don't think my sound card is lacking, bought a pretty decent PC a couple months back. If it helps, i'm running realtek HD inputs and outputs.

Also for the original poster, I would recommend guitar FX box 2.7. theres a free demo if you google it. I watched videos on youtube and it produces some good sound...I've just yet to get it to work
what would be the cheapest most efective interface ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Guitar rig with audacity or something?
also get your ass on msn
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at Feb 6, 2009,