I'm personally looking for genius sorts of classical music, like Howard Shore makes.

And I don't mean "soothing" and "calm" as in "making one fall asleep."

I'm looking for compositions that make you feel...safe. Comfortable. Perhaps even loved, but gently.

Vocals are appreciated, but not in the powerful operatic style. So I guess sort of modern compositions would contain what I'm looking for.

Example: Howard Shore - Into the West

Use this thread to your own benefits as well.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Chopin - Prelude no. 15 will be the best piece you've ever heard. Prefferably performed by Idil Biret.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Don't bother with classical music its all unimaginative, low E-string riding crap with drums that replicate jackhammers. OK???
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Bach's cello suites will have something along those lines.

great thread, btw
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings

My friend just showed me this.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Just Andrew
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings

My friend just showed me this.

i was just going to recommend this
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I'd go for Rachmaninoff's rhapsody on a theme of Paganini, Copeland's "Appalachian spring", and second Barber's adagio for strings and the Bach Cello Suites. and maybe some Vaughan Williams, ie "the lark ascending"
Joseph Haydn's Cello Concerto No. 2 In D

Listen to the featured cello, its really amazing.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Kensai
Chopin - Prelude no. 15 will be the best piece you've ever heard. Prefferably performed by Idil Biret.

QFT.

The Chopin Preludes make me orgasm.

Chopin in general is incredible.
Quote by MHDrunk
Don't bother with classical music its all unimaginative, low E-string riding crap with drums that replicate jackhammers. OK???

FAIL

That's NEO-classical!!!
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
moonlight sonata by beethoven?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Pavane by Faure is a beautiful piece.

Also pretty much anything by Einaudi.
Yeah, Einaudi has the mood you're looking for, as do Arvo Part's choral works...and Bruckner's motets too (Locus Iste is one of the most beautiful choral pieces I've heard)
Ceci n'est pas une signature
i don't know the name but the song Bender is playing in the episode of Futuarma "Godfellas" before he has the colonies on his body. i subconsiously have been using that part in fruity loops to make a piano "riff"
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Les Berceaux by Faure (The Cradles)
O Nata Lux by Lauridsen
The Faure piece is a bit more on the depressing side, but my favorite of the two.
Hey, i don't know if this is what you want, but either way it's really good music. It's the string quartet. There are a bunch of classical versions of rock/metal and such. It's very niiiice, and is quite soothing as you can most likely pick up on what song it is. Let me know if this is what you are looking for, and I can get you a list of some artists that there are covers of.
I'm Luke.
I'll join in on the general Chopin suggestions, everything he ever made makes me feel so... calm. At peace, sort of.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by MHDrunk

Wow you are such a dumbass...

...there's no low open E string in classical music.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
one of my favourites is gwyneth walker's a vision of hills

i also like beethoven's pathetique
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle