Hi guys

I'm going into the studio on Friday to record my bands guitar parts. Now I've done quite a bit of research already on this, but can't find any decent pictures. I want to use two microphones.

Why you ask, well for one you can pick up a lot more with microphones and secondly I'll have a lot more to write about for my report that I'm doing for this.
I've already read about having a dynamic microphone up front and condensor microphone further back, but where abouts do you place the condensor?
I know all about positioning the dynamic microphone on the amp and how it effects the sound. Got that coming out of my ears.

Any good suggestions would be great or what you've used before and sounds good.

Much appreciated.
Id be careful moveing mics away from the amp because the mic closer to the amp will pickup the sound first and since the signal in the mic will be move faster than the sound through air so you might get a lot of unintended noice
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
naaa, it'll be fine using two microphones or more. Professional studios do it plenty of times. I just want to see some pictures of how its done. Its fine reading about it, but seeing it is better.
You have to be careful about phase cancellation when doing this.

Use your ears and move around the amp at a distance to find a sound that you like. I find that bassier sounds are usually very off-axis.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Placing the condensor can really all depend on the sound you are looking for, placing it further away will give you a little more natural reverb, and placing it closer will make it more direct and less reverberated. The best thing to do is probably just move it around until you find a good spot that fits your liking.
yeah, I have read about phase cancellation and stuff. I've just been reading a sound on sound article. But like every thing else I've read, I'm best just playing around with the microphones.