Thanks for reading my thread...Im looking for a tube amp that can be heard during band practice along with drums...I dont know much about amps so tell me the amount of watts Im looking for here...Im going to play metal with it and Im also planning on buying a schecter hellraiser avenger later just to let you know what kind of amp i need...hope it helps other people as well...thank you.

I almost forgot to say that Im not rich so go for ones that arent to expensive...Give me the price of the amp too if you know...thanks again.
Exact budget, and what kind of metal? Black Sabbath and Bring Me The Horizon are both metal but you wouldn't call them similar at all.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
ok...avenged sevenfold metal...not sure about budget but lets say 500$ make it as far away from that price as you can...IF YOU CAN...but give me a good one while youre at it...
try to find a used peavey triple xxx
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
What Felix said. The RG50TC is a great amp for that price. Excellent high gain tones, good cleans and much more solid than most other high gain amps in that price range (cough...Bugera...cough)
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Last edited by shadow__666 at Jan 28, 2009,
There are a couple of guys pulling off A7X in the Valveking thread. Usually with an OD pedal tho and sometimes a speaker swap. You could add that to the list. The 112 that is.

Check craigslist too for used 5150s and XXXs
sorry but you guys are talking chinese to me i dont know about amps so i dont know what is a xx...or rg50tc....be more specific and tell the watts please...thanks
Peavey XXX combo 60 watts $500 - $800 used
Randall RG50TC combo 50 watts $500 i think
Peavey Valveking combo 112 50 watts $400
B-52 AT60 combo 60 watts $360 (was $550)

search bar too dude and these are all available at guitarcenter.com minus the XXX of course
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 28, 2009,
crap...my bad guys I wrote my last message to late sorry keep em coming thanks