Every time I run a virus scan on my desktop (Avast), it comes up with 4 Trojans on my system.

After I delete them all through Avast, I'll run AVG, and it'll find the same 4.

Any ideas on why?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Last edited by PlayMadness at Jan 28, 2009,
trojans*

start up your PC in safe mode, then do the virus scan again.

also make sure you have a firewall installed and working before you do the above. also make sure you know what is allowed and what is not allowed thorough the firewall. its also best to actually block everything but only let a few programs have access to the net. things that require internet access all the time. this is because sometimes worm/viruses etc 'hitch a ride' through the firewall on an allowed program.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Trojans. Trojans. Trojans.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by boreamor
What's a trogan?

A trojan with a toga?

Troy and Rome together?

Really? I mean last time i checked they were condoms
Download the free version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Run a quick scan, then just follow instructions. Ta-da, no more trojans. It's the best thing I've found for getting rid of them.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
Download the free version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Run a quick scan, then just follow instructions. Ta-da, no more trojans. It's the best thing I've found for getting rid of them.

This. Seriously, it works.
Quote by boreamor
What's a trogan?

A trojan with a toga?

Troy and Rome together?

I don't know, but that Helen has one fine body. Oh, the things I'd love to do to her.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I don't know, but that Helen has one fine body. Oh, the things I'd love to do to her.

No bitch is worth seven years of war. I don't like how everyone says that Helen's beauty started the fighting. Agamemnon just used the outrage of Menelaus's wife(property) being stolen as an excuse to start a war of territorial expansion.
Quote by Trefellin
No bitch is worth seven years of war.
It's too late for me to heed your advice, my ex is still fighting for child support three years later!

You know, I may need to borrow that tumbleweed...
Quote by RU Experienced?
It's too late for me to heed your advice, my ex is still fighting for child support three years later!

You know, I may need to borrow that tumbleweed...

Yup...
Quote by RU Experienced?

You'd like to fuc.k a 1000+ old bag of bones?
Quote by dethead666
You'd like to fuc.k a 1000+ old bag of bones?

I'd like nothing more, yes.

Thanks boreamor
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by dethead666
Cool! I'm a necrophelic also!

We should start a UG group and organize a rally where we will march the white house for necrophiliac's rights!
Quote by RU Experienced?
We should start a UG group and organize a rally where we will march the white house for necrophiliac's rights!

Eww, that's gross.

I'll be there.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Us(UG)-Hey Obama black people got rights we want rights too!
Obama-Ya'll fuc.k dead people you have 10 seconds to leave before we open fire.
Us(UG)-Teh Brootalz!
Last edited by dethead666 at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by PlayMadness
Eww, that's gross.

I'll be there.

*reported*

Please keep all conversation pertaining to the original topic. Thank you.

I merely jest
Don't bother booting into safe mode, schedule a boot time scan with avast and reset your computer, Avast will then scan during the boot-up, thus before the trojans have a chance to protect themselves.

Also, have you ruled out the possibility of false-positives?