Since they have CDs and movies that have been edited to take out the cursing, do they also do this to books? I was just wondering because I've been reading a book and it has some weird language in it that seems like it should just be a curse but it's been changed. Also, on the back of the book it says "This edition is only available through school book fairs" or something like that.

Just curious.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
You've probably got an edition that's been edited so it's suitable for school.

But yes they do ban, edit and otherwise censor books.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I've seen a censored Muslim version of a book which was edited for the references to sausages/pork and alcohol.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I've seen a censored Muslim version of a book which was edited for the references to sausages/pork and alcohol.

lol
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Well, son of a bitch.
Quote by Shredxmyheart
Well, son of a bitch.

I'll have you know my Mother is a well respected contributing member to society, what the hell have you done recently that warrants this verbal assault on her person?
Catcher in the Rye has probobly been censored banned a few times.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'll have you know my Mother is a well respected contributing member to society, what the hell have you done recently that warrants this verbal assault on her person?

found the cure for AIDs and Cancer simultaneously. but you have to have both at the same time otherwise you'll just catch the one you don't have.
Is it a fantasy book? I've read books like that where they make up fantasy curses, I don't know I guess to keep with the sense of being in a different place/time...yes I read fantasy, don't judge me.
Quote by Shredxmyheart
found the cure for AIDs and Cancer simultaneously. but you have to have both at the same time otherwise you'll just catch the one you don't have.

Oh...carry on.
The Average American Male comes with a warning sticker on the front...
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by Shredxmyheart

Wtf
Quote by chaoticfables
oh.

but still. it's true either way

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Did Sarah Palin not teach you anything?

"BBOKS ARE BAD! SHOOT THEM!"
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Mein Kampf is outright banned in several countries, and heavily edited in others. And the paper back version of, "Look Me In the Eye," by John Elder Robison is edited.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I heard Iran bans most books and censors the ones they don't ban.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más