In my profile; wrote this song today and figured I'd start recording it. I realize a few things so far: the vibrato effect on my voice is too strong, I don't quite hit the "hate" note well, the bass is slightly off timing and a bit awkward. Also, I'm worried about the wind effect being too cheesy, but I can't really picture the song without it. I'm scared to add drums from my keyboard cause I have a feeling it'll make the whole thing very tacky..

Help?
That's a good start man. The wind is fine, you might be able to find a higher quality sound effect though. I wouldn't say its cheesy at all. You sing well, the pitch was fine I think your vibrato like you said might be a little overdone. You could have drums start after this intro I think it would work well
Quote by supralightning
That's a good start man. The wind is fine, you might be able to find a higher quality sound effect though. I wouldn't say its cheesy at all. You sing well, the pitch was fine I think your vibrato like you said might be a little overdone. You could have drums start after this intro I think it would work well

Thanks, and yeah the plan is to cue the drums and add the next verse after whatever I have now.
You my friend, have a very nice voice. Whats more you know how to record it. Sounds really nice. What does your voice sound like when you like properly belt it out. Im just hearing the sort of soft side that chris cornell or james hetfield would use and we all know how awesome theyre voices get when loud. Was wondering if urs was the same...
I like it. Sounds like that whole 90s hard rock scene. Definatly make it longer. I don't really have anything bad to say, It's a bit to short to judge it as a whole composition. It would be cool to add in some harmonies for the chorus.

C4C

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057701
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah