So here is how the story goes:

I bought a Saga Tele kit of ebay for $75 in 2003 or so in hopes to learn about guitars and at least have a playable guitar in the end. I upgraded the PUs and the tuners right away and put the guitar together to find out the body was routed wrong and the neck was very crooked.

I was able to get a new body and I had the guitar for a few years and I never cared for it much. I was going to sell it but then I decided to redo it and give it another go. So I got a new neck, new bridge, new pickguard and new paint. It wasn't turning out at all how I liked it, and for how much money I was sinking into it, I wanted it perfect. I would never be happy so I sold it.

But then I had basically a whole Saga Telecaster left over. Today I decided to put it together and make a wall hanger, but then I thought make it a playable wall hanger.

I didn't have the jack plate so I made one out of a pick. I didn't have half the electronics anymore so I just wired up the bridge PU (I forgot to put a wire in to ground the bridge so I will have to put that wire through the guitar if I ever put new strings on it), I used wood screws to hold the pickup to the bridge, I didn't have any electric strings but I had a 5 year old pack of acoustic strings that I was never going to use. So the guitar plays, doesnt sound to terribly bad.

The biggest problem is the neck is crooked so high notes don't get played on the fretboard.

I would like to get the final few pieces like a real ratty looking control plate, but I am totally strapped for cash so I can't really buy anything gear related right now.
Awesomeness. Go sell your Rumble 60 and some other stuff and finish that baby up.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
not bad for 75 bucks, doesnt look too bad, and that's coming from someone who doesn't generally like the tele shape.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by necrosis1193
Awesomeness. Go sell your Rumble 60 and some other stuff and finish that baby up.

Rumble needs to stay as I am not running my SB-2 into my Tiny Terror.

I think I can finish this guitar for free if I can find the right scrap laying around my garage.
Quote by eurotrashed
Rumble needs to stay as I am not running my SB-2 into my Tiny Terror.

I think I can finish this guitar for free if I can find the right scrap laying around my garage.

Fair enough and best of luck; I demand pics and clips when it's done.

looks really nice, kudos. and gnaraaron I agree, those colors make the tele look awesome even though I normally don't like them either
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
There will be pics tomorrow. I just ghettofied the pickguard. And I think I have something very crappy for the control cover.

The thing plays pretty crappy, I wish the neck fit in straight and then I could justify putting a nice pickup in it.

No clips though, I can't record.

Here is this guitar before the new body:

Here is the guitar with the new body:

And here is when I tried to redo it and ended up with two guitars in the end:

And here is the guitar on fire:
Nice man, good firewod. 75$ well spent on elaborate kindling
-Jake Blackwood
Wow you're a cheap mofo. The white one looks nice though. REal nice.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Da Squiz

The white one is long gone.

Not really cheap, this is just all the junk parts from the Saga kit that I originally started with and I thought I would do something with it.
Quote by eurotrashed

Here is this guitar before the new body:

Here is the guitar with the new body:

And here is when I tried to redo it and ended up with two guitars in the end:

That is hilarious! Great story, well told.

And the jack plate was an awesome example of D.I.Y.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 28, 2009,
what kind of pups are in the white one?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
what kind of pups are in the white one?

The white body is the same body as the black one above it. Both EMGs

That pic made my day! LOL It's no secret I hate Teles...............

I buy a lot of parts and build guitars from them the best part is a lot of people I know give me guitars that get broken and are not worth repairing. I just scored all the parts pickups and hardware from a Stellar LP for free. Now I am looking for a body and neck either and LP or SG shape to use them on. The guy who gave me the parts stripped the guitar because he knocked it over and cracked the HS, it was a set neck. He tossed the body out and i know I could have repaired it.

John
It looks awesome and I ****ing hate Telecasters so that means something.
Maple neck would have been cooler.

BTW. I'm pyschic and I say that you have a Sony Ericson cell phone.
What happened to your white one?
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Da Squiz
What happened to your white one?

Basically, I started with this one, then it morphed into two identical guitars and then I strated redoing the one and painted it white then sold it because it wasn't going to meet my expectations and I needed money
Aw don't do that; tele's IMO should either be SS or SH. Normal or Keef-style. If your going to put a humbucker in, make it a neck one and just drill holes on the pickguard for the bucker' and the mounting ring.

Quote by necrosis1193
Aw don't do that; tele's IMO should either be SS or SH. Normal or Keef-style. If your going to put a humbucker in, make it a neck one and just drill holes on the pickguard for the bucker' and the mounting ring.

That means I would have to put wiring in it though if I put a second pickup in...

I do want a nice Tele, that will be P90 with a traditional tele bridge. The PU in this is kinda bad, and I do have some slightly-less bad humbuckers laying around.
Quote by eurotrashed
That means I would have to put wiring in it though if I put a second pickup in...

I do want a nice Tele, that will be P90 with a traditional tele bridge. The PU in this is kinda bad, and I do have some slightly-less bad humbuckers laying around.

Hmm...well, you could always remove the ashtray and mod it to fit a humbucker a la Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead's tele;

http://www.stringsreunited.com/images/jt1.jpg

Well this one doesnt sound like a Tele as it is a POS and made out of basswood. A Tele has twang, the Strat has a quack
One thing led to another and here is the start of a new project....

I'm doing this guitar proper:
painted headstock is perfect for what I am doing with this. Oh so 70s. Mmmm mmm mmm. Yeah that is a G&L Tribute SB-2 bass in the background
chisel+drill+dremel turns this guitar into a twin humbucker guitar. Its decided. I will get a real Tele when I want to have a real Tele sound cause this basswood POS is not worthy of Teleness.

Can a mod move this to Gear Building? I will update the tread with the build.
Last edited by eurotrashed at Feb 9, 2009,
You should just send that little peice of junk to me, I'll give it a good home where it will be appreciated.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
You should just send that little peice of junk to me, I'll give it a good home where it will be appreciated.

Oh it will be appreciated. Its gonna be my dedicated 1/2 step down guitar. It won't get as much play as my other guitars, so I figure that should also be my crappiest guitar. So I just need a nice Tele and an SG Classic to complete the stable.
Quote by Da Squiz

My tele looks just like the white one.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.