I've recently been looking at an ESP LTD MH1000D
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPMH1000D
I want to now how approximately thin the thin U necks are because i have been unable to find the "specs" all i get is "thin U-neck contour".
So far i've really liked the Ibanez Wizard-II.
And if all possible, anyone know how this MH would stand next to the Xiphos XPT700FX (without trem)?

Replies are appreciated.
Yeah i think my M-1000 has the same neck, thin, but not AS thin as a Wizard II.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I find them to be very thin and flat, though I haven't played that model. The one I did play was uncomfortable though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Like when you say not as thin, do you mean like its not really a big difference?
Thanks for the fast replies guys
Its like a mix between the newer fender neck contours and an ibanez wizard. In other words, a thinner fender neck. ESP makes probably my favorite neck contours.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Alright thanks, it would be awesome if someone with one could take pics?
But if not thanks anyways.
Quote by kranoscorp
Its like a mix between the newer fender neck contours and an ibanez wizard. In other words, a thinner fender neck. ESP makes probably my favorite neck contours.

+1
That's a pretty good discription, they have the flatter radius and are thinner than some more traditional profiles but have enough width so it doesn't feel like a toothpick (as many ibanezs do to me with my big Sasquatch hands)
i actually have one of these in the dark brown color and the neck isnt as thin as the wizard II but it is definitely thin enough if u want to shred lol...but yea i also have a jackson with a super thin neck and i prefer my esp's neck because it just fits better in the hands.......well theres my 2 cents...
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD MH-1000 String Thru w/SD's (brown ftw!)
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Analog Reverb Pedal
Line 6 Spider III combo
Awesome thanks for everybody's input
Now that i think about it when i play my Rg7321 i know what you mean, One last question how are the over size frets? and how easy would you say they are accesible, it wouldn't really be a problem but i just want to have a basic idea.
by accessible i take it you mean the high frets? lol well anyways they are very accessible because of the "set thru" neck which looks exactly like a neck thru but i read on wikipedia that it has all of the advantages of a bolt on, set in, and neck thru guitar or something like that...
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo
haha no problem man...I say check out the dark brown finish also because it looks waaaaay sexier than green haha.....
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo
Yea i thought that too, only problem is that i was gonna do payments and i don't know of other sites that do them.
Know of any?
im not sure i have never bought from a site before...i just went to my local sam ash and had them order it for me....
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo
It's all good i found something i like for less money, The ESP LTD MH400NT, i didn't even see it as i was just looking at expensive guitars. I just ordered it, I'll post up pics or a vid when it gets here.
Quote by 7StringScale
I've recently been looking at an ESP LTD MH1000D
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPMH1000D
I want to now how approximately thin the thin U necks are because i have been unable to find the "specs" all i get is "thin U-neck contour".
So far i've really liked the Ibanez Wizard-II.
And if all possible, anyone know how this MH would stand next to the Xiphos XPT700FX (without trem)?

Replies are appreciated.
You want shredilicious thin? Check out the Rusty Cooley 7:

ESP LTD's have really nice necks. my M-302 has the second best neck i ever played. my ibanez wiz II is slightly thinner but the contour is horrible it is almost flat at the center and then curves sharply to the fingerboard. the only way i can describe it as a square neck with the edges slightly curved. very uncomfterable. Jacksons have the thinnest and most comfterable neck, like taking the thinness of the wiz II and mixing it with the LTD contour(Jackson = best of both worlds.) hope this helps
Quote by 7StringScale
Yea i thought that too, only problem is that i was gonna do payments and i don't know of other sites that do them.
Know of any?

Musicians friend does installment buying. I think that's what it's called.
www.musiciansfriend.com

I don't know if they have that model though. I would try and play one in a store first.