What the title says. I have an EC-500 w/ EMG's and it sounds great for metal, but it obviously can't do various songs that involve divebombing ect. So I was curious if it would be reasonably priced to get it routed to get a Floyd in, or if I'd be better off just getting another guitar that has a Floyd Rose in it already (I'd really rather not have to spend money on another metal guitar).

So, is it realistic?
Strats & Seagulls
Get a new guitar, it's not worth the effort and cost to route your guitar for a Floyd.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Get a new guitar, it's not worth the effort and cost to route your guitar for a Floyd.

Gah, that's exactly what I didn't want to hear. It is possible though? About how much would you say it would cost?
Strats & Seagulls
it is definitely possible but im not sure of the cost personally. however perhaps you should look into a digitech whammy pedal maby?
possible? yes, practical? no, plus you'll lose all the sustain
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
possible? yes, practical? no, plus you'll lose all the sustain

^this. I ve seen it happen. Its not a pretty sight.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
It's possible but it's also likely that you'll regret it later. You're much better off getting a guitar with a FR so you can keep your current guitar for things that you won't like about having a FR.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Buy the same guitar with a Floyd... problem solved. It'll cost maybe twice as much, but you end up with two sweet guitars instead of one wrecked guitar.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Oh well. There goes my idea.

EDIT: ^^ Yeah I saw the EC-1000 with the Floyd. I'll probably get a different guitar kind of guitar though, just for the variety. Maybe a Jackson.
Strats & Seagulls
Last edited by xxBR34KD0WN at Jan 28, 2009,