Page 1 of 2
Well Pit, I'm currently eating a persimmon and I can't help but wonder the variety of fruit other people eat. I'm a first generation Bengali child, and so I've always got some kind of exotic fruit around the house, whether it's a mango or jackfruit or lychee, etc. A lot of these are available at the supermarket and I'm curious as to whether or not other families try them out or if they remain rather foreign. Of course, UG is international and there are plenty of you living in the native countries of these fruits. In turn, what fruits are considered 'exotic' for you?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

kiwano spiked melon

dragonfruit

always wanted to try both of them
Last edited by connor045 at Jan 28, 2009,
Japan has the best persimmons. The ones here just don't measure up.

But yeah, mangoes are good. Also pineapples, starfruit, dragonfruit, passionfruit, and that kind of stuff.
kill all humans
Fiji apples. They are exotic because they are obviously from Fiji.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by connor045

what is that? it looks like it has zits or something.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by alaskan_ninja
starfruit, dragonfruit, passionfruit,

I have yet to taste any of these. I might give them a try, how do they taste?
H e l l o .
I am eating a banana right now. It's craaaazy.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by JungIe
what is that? it looks like it has zits or something.

not 100% sure, but i think it might be a kind of prickly pear.

I love prickly pear.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by kitty_teh_fish

i tried a star fruit 3 years ago in hawaii. i remember liking it but i forget the taste.
Quote by connor045

kiwano spiked melon

Dude that's a ****ing metal fruit
ohai little sig.
No, fuck YOU.

..Oh.. I read that wrong.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I have a few persimmon trees in my front yard. They're only good for desserts (Like pies and puddings) Most of the time. The rest of the time they;re sour as ****. But sometimes that tastes good.

And I really haven't tried anything to exotic, but I really want to. I've always wanted to try dragon fruit, and I'm not sure if I've eaten passion fruit......

Quote by Helloween4Ever
not 100% sure, but i think it might be a kind of prickly pear.

I love prickly pear.

Prickly pear is a cactus. And what you quoted is a type of gourde or melon, so I don't think it's prickly pear. But yeah, prickly pear is damn good.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Last edited by OzarkMDaredevil at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by connor045

i tried a star fruit 3 years ago in hawaii. i remember liking it but i forget the taste.

Delicious, kind of tart
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

dragonfruit is amazing well the extract i've tasted any ways, i like tangerines as well
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by kitty_teh_fish

Starfruit has a really light, mild, vaguely citrus-y sort of taste. I actually haven't had one in a while, since it's pretty hard to get good ones, and they're a bit expensive.

I've only actually had dragonfruit once, but it was absolutely delicious. I can't really explain it. It was just really smooth and sweet, I guess. It was kind of like a new sort of ice cream.

Passionfruit is usually pretty tart, but good. Whenever I'm somewhere that I can get them regularly, I eat them non-stop.
kill all humans
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, fuck YOU.

..Oh.. I read that wrong.

Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

star fruit is really bitter, but tastes good
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by niflag
Fiji apples. They are exotic because they are obviously from Fiji.

Those are awful. I had one the other day, and I thought.. My god, you're just the most indecisive fruit I've ever met. You're worse than a bisexual man.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Dragon fruit is probably the most exotic Ive had.

Some other "exotic" fruits Ive had that I like are mangos and... darn... I always forget the names of these things..... I think they might be passion fruit or something? Anyways, my grandparents grow them in their yard.... theyre green on the outside.... like the size of a walnut.... you open them up and theyre white inside and you eat the white.... they all taste different; some taste like banana, some taste like strawberry, etc.

Can anyone help me out? I dont think its passion fruit.... but it could be.

EDIT: I think it actually may be guava?
Quote by aaronob
*stuff

Is it Sapote maybe? They look like what you described. Never had one though. Just going by the pic on the website I posted.
H e l l o .
Quote by aaronob

Some other "exotic" fruits Ive had that I like are mangos and... darn... I always forget the names of these things..... I think they might be passion fruit or something? Anyways, my grandparents grow them in their yard.... theyre green on the outside.... like the size of a walnut.... you open them up and theyre white inside and you eat the white.... they all taste different; some taste like banana, some taste like strawberry, etc.

guava

Guavas are awesome, as well as guava juice and guava drinks.
Quote by aaronob

That's probably guava =]
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by daytripper75
Asian Pears
so good. like a mix of pear and apple.

My moms got an asian pear tree in the front yard. I don't like them that much though.
H e l l o .
Not really exotic, but not exactly mainstream - I enjoy eating tomatoes, raw and whole. Just like I would an apple, except slightly saltier.

Also, am I the only person that likes tomato juice? Everyone else seems to hate the stuff
Quote by aaronob

its a fig
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
rambutans. oh yes rambutans

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by ZanasCross
1st grade up through 5th grade, the cool kids always sat in the back of the bus, so I never understood why Black people were so upset, I thought we were telling them they were cool.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Well, I once hallowed out a melon, microwaved it and spent an hour with it.

You sanctified and consecrated a melon?
Quote by daytripper75
Asian Pears

so good. like a mix of pear and apple.

soooooooo good

Quote by BishBish
Not really exotic, but not exactly mainstream - I enjoy eating tomatoes, raw and whole. Just like I would an apple, except slightly saltier. :liplick"

Also, am I the only person that likes tomato juice? Everyone else seems to hate the stuff

Nope, I LOVE tomato juice and tomato soup and everything tomato, heh
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
soooooooo good

Nope, I LOVE tomato juice and tomato soup and everything tomato, heh

WIN
First generation Bengali child.....I'm not sure what that means. Does it mean that you're the first generation of your Bengali family to live wherever you're currently living?

Oh yeah and I love mangoes.
Page 1 of 2