anybody ever see those? ive seen a marshall microstack, didnt play it, it was like 5w apparently and 350 bucks. do they have good tones or what, because seriously...5w?
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Quote by ReinventingEvil
anybody ever see those? ive seen a marshall microstack, didnt play it, it was like 5w apparently and 350 bucks. do they have good tones or what, because seriously...5w?

No, they don't have good tones. And they're probably the biggest waste of money on amps.
They're 15 watts I believe.

Anyways, what's your budget, playing style, etc. ?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The one you were looking at is incredibly overpriced. There are other 5W amps that sound good but that's not one of them.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
The MG Microstack doesn't have the worst tones in the world (a Spider and TBX has a worse overall tone, and a Frontman has worse distortion) but they're assembled by Chinese slave labour. And not the good kind. They break at a similar rate to Bugeras.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i have one for sale for $165. PM me if you are interested. They are pretty solid amps for the price, especially as low as 165.
Oh, I wasnt going to get one, I was just wondering if micro stacks in general are worth it.

My budget is abouuuut 450 USD and I play metal.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
If you want a metal amp then a 5W tube is NOT going to get it. However there are are amps in your range that will do metal pretty well.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
i dont really know if this helps, but if ur going to get a amp that small. u may want to look a 2 amps that ive seen before.

1: The Roland micro cube (i personally own one of these) they are very reliable amps and all of the effects are buld in.

2: The Vox DA10 (my mate has one), the sound isnt a great as the micro cube but its lounder and you can program ur own effects.

Both of those amp are portable and u could use them for busking if u wanted.

hope that helps