^This. It's all subjective, it really just depends on the player.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
well the general consenous on guitars is that they're all good, except for the B.C. Rich Bronze Series basses, which i own
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I've always heard good things about Fender P-basses, although I've never actually played one.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by F8iscruel
well the general consenous on guitars is that they're all good, except for the B.C. Rich Bronze Series basses, which i own

^
Well, B.C. Rich's aren't intended to be basses. They're just pointy weapons used to punish egotistical guitarists

But seriously, to each his own. A good bass depends on what and how you play. We all have our own tastes.
Fender probably makes the most versatile basses so that may sorta put em up there as the best cause they work for so many different things but soon as u define ur sound that is no longer true and the best bass is the bass you favor the best bass IMO is my gibson thunderbird but a large majority of bass players hate them passionately so it is IMO also it can be commonly said that warwick or rickenbaker or spector or musicman rarely miss with their basses and for the most part are quite pleasing, and the worst are normally the low end models, which does include bc rich even though they have made some good ones mainly in the mocking bird shape simply cause it doesn't look liek a midevil torture tool as well and most deans as well aren't the greatest, but lowend fenders also are quite terrible in some cases.
Keep On Keepen' On
for me, Warwick, Fender, Ibanez, and MusicMan basses are the ideal.

for most, a Fender of some sort will give them something they'd like.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
not too good.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You usually pretty much get what you pay for. Ibanez are probably the leader, in my eyes, in the budget to mid end basses front. Fender, MusicMan, Warwick are pretty great for top end, and Fender's Mexican made Standards, Schecter, Spector and a few others make great mid-range.

If you're looking to buy cheap, I'd wholehearted reccomend you go Ibanez or Squire Vintage Modified.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Since there's no other way to answer this, I'd say Warwick and Musicman are best for me.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by RaulynnOctavia
Which kinds (e.g: Fender, Warwick etc) are the best and which are the worst?

If you mean the big names, they are all big for a reason, that is that they all make great basses (except maybe Gibson). It is up to the player to decide what is the best bass for them.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115