I hold the pick using three fingers (thumb, middle and index). This is correct? I can only use two fingers or I can use three?
I had amnesia, but now I cant remember.

Dream Theater rules!
i never heard of using three
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
If it's not impeding your playing, keep at it.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
There really is no "correct" way to hold the pick, do whatever's comfortable.

I used to hold the pick with three fingers like you but I started holding it with my thumb and the side of my index finger (like making a loose fist) and saw an improvement in control and speed. To facilitate the switch, try out some smaller sized picks like dunlop stubbys or jazz IIIs
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by RCA1186
i never heard of using three

It seems that some guitarists use three fingers, like Steve Morse and James Hetfield.

Dream Theater rules!
that's the way I hold my picks too
and i dont think it is bad at all :S
i can do squealies and everything... idk...
I noticed that when I play using two fingers I can play the same as using three fingers. Should I switch or stay like that?

Dream Theater rules!
Quote by Thrasher_09
It seems that some guitarists use three fingers, like Steve Morse and James Hetfield.

really James uses three fingers?

and on topic i guess its just comfortability that decides the matter. but if james really does use three i guess it would mean down picking overtakes alternate picking a lot. if you want to learn to use 2 fingers just teach yourself to use 2, if you're comfortable with your playing don't try to change it.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Whatever is comfortable to you. I remember I use to do the same thing also, using my middle finger for pinch harmonics =P
Nothing wrong but Paul Gilbert did that for years and said after a while he had pain in his thumb.