Page 1 of 4
Ok I thought that I'd start a thread on the metalcore group Five Finger Death Punch. so post away

also if this thread already exists please link it so i can delete this one, we don't need the clutter
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Great band! I love The Bleeding...great tune.

eyeEDIT: The way of the fist and stranger than fiction are good too.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by jetfuel495
Actually, there are a few closed ones in the metal forum, so congrats on putting it in the right place

I haven't heard much from them though

yah i searched quite a few times and kind of put 2 and 2 together. i personally suggest salvation. it's my favorite song, but if you want something heavier try ashes or meet the monster. they take the melo-metalcore approach just with a somewhat wider scream range.

Quote by Shirate
Dude, 5FDP isn't a hardcore group...

unfortunately they are metalcore (nothing wrong with that) which automatically puts them in the hardcore subgenre on UG.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Last edited by F8iscruel at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by Shirate
Dude, 5FDP isn't a hardcore group...

Yeah...there are a lot of groups in the hardcore forum that really don't fit the 'hardcore' bill...but this is where they are placed. Metalcore goes in the Hardcore forum. Rules are rules.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by F8iscruel
yah i searched quite a few times and kind of put 2 and 2 together. i personally suggest salvation. it's my favorite song, but if you want something heavier try ashes or meet the monster. they take the melo-metalcore approach just with a somewhat wider scream range.

unfortunately they are metalcore (nothing wrong with that) which automatically puts them in the hardcore subgenre on UG.

Sounds cool, I'll put them on the list of bands I need to check out
**** THE BLEEDING! Salvations where its at thats a song for killing your local church members!
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
^a little too far but yah, its a little better than the bleeding.

love the chorus
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
god this band is terrible. some of the worst lyrics ive ever heard
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
The Bleeding is the only good song they have that I've heard.

Dry Kill Logic did what they do better, IMO.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Haymaker17
god this band is terrible. some of the worst lyrics ive ever heard

you're entitled to your opinion but back it up with a specific song, lyric, or something, just saying the lyrics are terrible and they suck just starts an arguement unless you give an example in which case then you're opinion is fine.

also i'd like to add that my favorite song on the album as a whole is never enough, salvations 2nd
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
I'd rather hate you for everything you are
Then ever love you for something you are not.

generic imo.

and the whole "chalk lines" part he speaks in that deep "trying to be phil anselmo" voice really turned me off too. anyways the radio station i DJ at in college broke them back last year and now there on the regular modern rock station in CT back where i live. They've blown up pretty big over the last year. Not my kind of music i guess. To each his own
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
Last edited by Haymaker17 at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by Haymaker17
I'd rather hate you for everything you are
Then ever love you for something you are not.

generic imo.

and the whole "chalk lines" part he speaks in that deep "trying to be phil anselmo" voice really turned me off too. anyways the radio station i DJ at in college broke them back last year and now there on the regular modern rock station in CT back where i live. They've blown up pretty big over the last year. Not my kind of music i guess. To each his own

you're right to each his own, but thats like my favorite part of that song, which kind of proves your point, we all have different musical tastes. for once someone gave a specified reason for theirs though.

Quote by STABxYOU
Get this nu-metal shit outta here, it's made of fail and pathetic.

i think you're just going off of the lead singers musical past, which was nu metal, this band is metalcore. not nu metal, although his old band was, and the other band he was in. i can't think of their names.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
ok just don't fight about stuff in here, this is a thread for discussing the 5FDP. not arguing about nu metal and the wu tang clan.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
I automatically assumed this band was a shitty tough guy hardcore band because of the name. I guess they're just a metalcore band who I probably wouldn't like either.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
I automatically assumed this band was a shitty tough guy hardcore band because of the name. I guess they're just a metalcore band who I probably wouldn't like either.

to be honest you're probably right, give them a try though, you might like them, but don't listen to way of the fist, that is a tough guy metalcore song.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by STABxYOU
Funny, Wu-Tang have lyrics about kung-fu movies and crime movies. That's southern hiphop that's filled with shallow materialism.

I might be, but mostly from what I've heard they sound far more like groove metal and nu metal mixed then like metalcore... unless metalcore is now just the catch-all term for commercial metal made after 2005.

well doesn't nu metal incorporate elements of like electronic stuff (computerized beats and the like), i'm really unsure. but its his singing style and the lyrical content that to me make them metalcore

Edit - i know its not a reliable source but wiki sited them as groove, thrash and one other metal style, but ivan (lead singer A.K.A ghost)'s previous band motograter was considered nu metal
also i believe that metalcore usually over abuses the double bass drumming style, so they definatally (<spelling) so they check for metalcore in that department
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Negative opinions are still opinions and deserve to be stated. A forum works on discussion, if everybody agreed things would get boring. Stating that a band is boring isn't ignorant, it's someone's personal view. So grow up and let people speak their minds.

P.S. This band is fucking terrible.
Quote by F8iscruel
ok guys can we stop argueing semantics, as it stands 5FDP is metalcore, if a mod sees fit to move it to another froum then that'll happen, so if that happens this conversation can be brought back up, but for now lets discuss the band.

apparently the guitarist from the band W.A.S.P left the band, i think he was the tall guy with the B.C. Rich guitars. can anyone get his name?

Yeah - the guy's name is Darrell Roberts. If you listen to the first intro solo in The Bleeding, you can REALLY tell haha. Former W.A.S.P. drummer Jeremy Spencer is also in the lineup, it's worth noting.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by strat0blaster
Yeah - the guy's name is Darrell Roberts. If you listen to the first intro solo in The Bleeding, you can REALLY tell haha. Former W.A.S.P. drummer Jeremy Spencer is also in the lineup, it's worth noting.

i knew about the drummer being from W.A.S.P as well, but whats suprising is that he didn't leave (for me anyways) either way the bass player and the guy who dresses in the japanese clothing are my two favorite musicians in the band (besides Ivan) plus the bass player had the best bassline i've ever heard in the way of the fist
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
I found out the other guitarist name. its Zoltan Bathory, and i also found out why DBZ guitars had a guitar that looke like the cover of The Way of the Fist, Zoltan i guess is DBZs first signed artist.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by Frenzied
Dragonball Z?

No Dean B. Zelensky the founder of Dean guitars started a new company, and this time instead of just his name he used his initials.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Thread has been cleaned, lets keep it that way.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Thread has been cleaned, lets keep it that way.

thank you very much
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
The Way Of The Fist reminds me of a Slipknot song for some reason. Oh well. I like 5FDP
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
^ yah ivans voice made me think it was another side project of taylor's when i first heard of them
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
good band, I saw them live over the past summer...talk about an intense pit. jeezus.

the only thing that pisses me off about them though is The Bleeding. seriously. no offense to anyone, but i think most people heard it on the radio and they were like "OMG this is teh rox0rz" and ****. I actually think it's one of their weaker songs. That, and they put out a screamless version of it...wtf.

but like i said, i do like them, and i'll looking forward to new material in the future
Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
-Victor Hugo

Last.fm Page
Quote by Haymaker17
and the whole "chalk lines" part he speaks in that deep "trying to be phil anselmo" voice really turned me off too.

Lots of bands incorporate those now...Trivium, Slipknot...even Metallica do that on Death Magnetic I believe. I see why it could annoy you, but personally I don't mind. I just assume they talk instead of sing to make you pay attention to what is being said.

The lyrics are generic, I agree, but the guitar work more than makes up for it. But this is just my opinion.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
Lots of bands incorporate those now...Trivium, Slipknot...even Metallica do that on Death Magnetic I believe. I see why it could annoy you, but personally I don't mind. I just assume they talk instead of sing to make you pay attention to what is being said.

The lyrics are generic, I agree, but the guitar work more than makes up for it. But this is just my opinion.

i guess the lyrics just depend on who you are a a person, i can relate to them (a couple songs aren't for me but a few others i ignore on line or two of the lyrics)

and speaking of guitar work, the riff in meet the monster is amazing, as is the bass line in way of the fist, but i think that's just because i never hear trills on bass
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Seen em twice in vegas, house of blues. Las time was back in Nov I think and it was there very last show from their ongoing touring for the last year and a half. On the 2nd to last song, the rythem guitarest with dreds let Ivan smash his guitar onstage while it was still on, lol. Luckily there was a spare for Meet the Monster. Ivan's voice was a little weak that time around but it wa still a good show
i prefer to listen to bands that have all good songs. sorry. why should we limit ourselves to mediocre ****.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
i know there are some FFDP fans out there, anyone hear the songs off the new album yet (youtube is amazing) they seem to follow closely to their formula
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Why isn't this in nu metal? They're not metalcore or hardcore.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
How is this band nu-metal, explain that to me.

And yes, I am a fan of this band.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
I fail to hear how this is hardcore or metalcore for that matter. It doesn't even sound like the generic AILD and TDWP it sounds like a Nickelback trying to be more brutal ,but some 12 year wrote the lyrics.
Quote by pmeg568c
i prefer to listen to bands that have all good songs. sorry. why should we limit ourselves to mediocre ****.

Go shove that opinion where the sun don't shine, we're not (well I hope ) going to threads bout bands you like and saying that they are ****e.

And I honestly consider them Metalcore/Core.

Damn fine Metalcore at that though.

Quote by xRenegadEx
I fail to hear how this is hardcore or metalcore for that matter. It doesn't even sound like the generic AILD and TDWP it sounds like a Nickelback trying to be more brutal ,but some 12 year wrote the lyrics.

Oh noes, there's a metalcore band that doesn't sound like two other metalcore bands, god forbid

QUICKLILEDIT: Nu Metal eh... Forgive my generalising, but where's the electro parts/Rapping?

(Disclaimer: Yes I like both Nu-Metal and metalcore)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Slicer666
Go shove that opinion where the sun don't shine, we're not (well I hope ) going to threads bout bands you like and saying that they are ****e.

And I honestly consider them Metalcore/Core.

Damn fine Metalcore at that though.

Oh noes, there's a metalcore band that doesn't sound like two other metalcore bands, god forbid

QUICKLILEDIT: Nu Metal eh... Forgive my generalising, but where's the electro parts/Rapping?

(Disclaimer: Yes I like both Nu-Metal and metalcore)

This is metalcore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8MBnc90nC4
This is also metalcore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE1YLGl8J5c
This is generic metalcore(I still consider good)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhYT-7bzHis
This is talented metalcore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljW7FJqXySY
This is NOT metalcore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfr_nWsXOBg
Page 1 of 4