I have just purchased and received my new amp as in the title, but it came with a bit of a problem. A power amp tube broke, I want to use it now. I Know I have to buy a matched pair of 6L6's or EL-34s but my question is simple.

Am I able to run it without one power amp tube if it only has 2 to begin with? will this damage the amp?

I imagine it will damage the amp but I'm asking with the small hope that it won't otherwise I'm SOL for a while.
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87
Good god, you're a Twilight fan. What are you doing in a scientific discussion?

Quote by Thewickerman666
I just watched a turtle rape a shoe, and must admit I slightly enjoyed it.

I feel dirty
DO NOT run your amp with only 1 power tube. Power tubes are vacuum tubes and 2 are needed for the amp to function properly most amps are push-pull, meaning both are in use at the same time.

You will fry your amp if you do this.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
k i thought as much. Thanks
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87

Quote by Thewickerman666

I feel dirty
On Mesas 50 watt amps you can't pull tubes. Sorry! Tou can only do that on their 100 watt amps.

And when you order new tubes make sure they are in mesa specs because Mesa are fixed bias.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I can't find anything on the whole bias thing, I've got one good tube, and It's got some info on it that narrows stuff down, it's a Groove Tube GT series so they come matched with number ratings. I figured I'd just order the set within my rating. (4-7).
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87

Quote by Thewickerman666

I feel dirty