Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting the Rocktron Hush Super C. My Egnater hums a lot when I have stuff in the loop (specifically my DL4 Delay), so I wanna kill some hum.

Any comments/opinions on it?

Thanks!
I don't know too much about the HUSH system. I know that the pedal version isn't too good, but apparently the rack version is a lot better. The best bet however would be the ISP ProRack (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ISP-Technologies-Decimator-ProRack-G-Noise-Reduction?sku=150366) or the MXR Smart Gate Pro (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M235-Smart-Gate-Pro?sku=151024). They're a little more money though.
Quote by taytay8b
I don't know too much about the HUSH system. I know that the pedal version isn't too good, but apparently the rack version is a lot better. The best bet however would be the ISP ProRack (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ISP-Technologies-Decimator-ProRack-G-Noise-Reduction?sku=150366) or the MXR Smart Gate Pro (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M235-Smart-Gate-Pro?sku=151024). They're a little more money though.

Yeah, I was trying to keep it within $200. I'll keep looking into it!
This is going to sound crazy, but I just had a dream about this unit last night....pretty sad when you start dreaming about demoing gear!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
This is going to sound crazy, but I just had a dream about this unit last night....pretty sad when you start dreaming about demoing gear!!

We've all been there!

Was it good or bad? Hahaha.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Jan 29, 2009,
Well in my dream it worked like a charm but i have never actually used one so sorry for being useless. Though I have heard good reviews on it....check out ebay for some older and more obscure rackmounts that may pop up.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well in my dream it worked like a charm but i have never actually used one so sorry for being useless. Though I have heard good reviews on it....check out ebay for some older and more obscure rackmounts that may pop up.

Hahaha, that's awesome!

I'll look around on eBay too, thanks for the suggestion.
I have the old Hush system built into my preamp, sounds pretty good, no tone loss or anything. It can't hold it's own against the ISP, but for the price range and the availibility it's killer, still a handy little unit.
I've got an ISP decimator- just the pedal version. Does it's job perfectly, could not ask for anything better.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
I have the old Hush system built into my preamp, sounds pretty good, no tone loss or anything. It can't hold it's own against the ISP, but for the price range and the availibility it's killer, still a handy little unit.

Would I be better off just getting an ISP Decimator pedal instead of the Hush rack unit?
Quote by GNRjungle87
Would I be better off just getting an ISP Decimator pedal instead of the Hush rack unit?

That would depend on how much youre willing to spend on a noise gate/suppressor. If its important enough to you to justify spending the money that an ISP costs, then I would certainly do it, but if you want to have some extra $$ left over and youre not worried at getting rid of 100% of the hum, then I'd go for the Rocktron.

My $0.02
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
i spent $213 on the Rocktron hush super c. i think it is the best investment i have made to my rig. It fixes all of my problems. The threshold knob you can think of as the "tone sucking knob" you can pick whether you want no tone sucked out lol, or some which would also filter some of the sound. I barely use that knob tho. The gate knob does wonders. If you get this rack, you will not be disappointed.
just to add to what other people have said, i have the rocktron hush pedal, and it is not very good. pretty significant tone loss and does not eliminate all hum. I found it pretty much unusable.
My Gear:

Gibson SG Standard (heritage cherry)
Traynor YCV40WR
Korg Pitchblack
Fulltone Fulldrive 2

Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Fender MIM Strat (black)
Dunlop Crybaby