Hey well im in shop for a new amp...
and well im a bit stumped on what to get.. i play in an alternative/indi band and we play alot of cure-esque stuff and i was wondering whats a nice amp to get a similar tone.. i need nice cleans, and still a lil bit of punch if needed.. but needs to be gigable, currently using my Epiphone valve junior head and cab for gigs miced..
so that watts doesn't bother me as long as its a good tone..
price is around $1000AUD.. i think thats around like.. umm 600-800 american idk the exchange anymore.
current gear..
Epiphone valve junior.
J&D guitar..
Squier Start..
Boss ds 2
Zoom G2.1u
Vox V847a
EHX echoflanger.

thx
xx
www.musicswopshop.com

Take a look at the Ashdown Peacemaker under Other Valve Combos. Very Vox AC30-esque, and if I'm not mistake the Cure used them at some point. Remember, they've had so many sounds through the years; which specific Cure tone are you after?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
thanks i will check them out,
ummm kinda of seventeen seconds, there self titled and there new album.
So a newer Cure sound? IDAK what they used for those, but I'd still say the Ashdown would be good for you, because it's got very Voxy cleans and OD, and you don't need to crank it as much as the Vox for it to distort. It's cheaper too.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by schecter ftw
Roland JC-120

Check out the Fenders in the price range too.

good suggestion, great cleans, but i'm sure he'll need distortion somewhere?

possibly a/b it with the epi cranked?

also the vox ac30 or ashdown clone is a nice choice
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
im checking out the ashdown clones..
yeah i'll need distortion some where along the lines
ohh the amp also need to be able to take pedals really well
umm shadow_666 that link you did doesn't work im affraid..
can you send the link again? working? so i can check them out?