Poll: buy it?
Poll Options
View poll results: buy it?
go for it!
7 25%
stay away! but you are very good looking!
21 75%
Voters: 28.
I refuse to vote in your poll, but I think that gutar is hideous. I probably wouldn't buy a fender acoustic in general either.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
why no fender acoustic? can you make another recommendation? i want a guitar that stands out
i dont know much about guitars but i must say that is one of the most ugliest guitars i have ever seen!
Takamine

Alvarez

Yamaha

More Yamaha

Epiphone

More Epiphone

Seagull

Notice the lack of Fender in my suggestions, and the lack of me complimenting your handsomeness.

Basically, the 2nd choice, minus calling you handsome because I have no proof.

EDIT: Those are all links to listings on MF
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jan 29, 2009,
I would say buy an Ovation Celebrity or something like that, the body is more shallow and they don't look ridiculous like the fender.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Washburn BT-2 (Maverick Series)
Squire Strat (I HATE IT!)
Ovation Celebrity (Electric Acousic)

Amp:
Peavey Rage 158

Other Stuff:
Jim Dunlop Jazz III Picks
D'Addario XL Nickel Strings
Ovations are crap.

The Fender actually looks nice in black and natural.. but meh. Probably feels awful if it's like other Fender acoustics. Plus for $300, there is better. Check out Alvarez, Seagull, Yamaha, and Epiphone in that price range.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

at that budget i'd say go yamaha, cheap fenders are pretty weak, that one looks rank as well
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
If you like it then I'd say go for it. It's got respectable specs for it's price. Just see if you can play one before you buy. I actually think it looks pretty cool and I don't usually like non-traditional acoustic guitars... or Fender acoustic guitars really.

It's your choice so get whatever you know is going to make you not be able to put it down.
i havent been able to try it out yet... i was thinking about getting it in black or surf green. can somebody tell me what is so bad about the fender acoustics? I play mostly sublime and jack johnson type stuff.
Quote by loudog93
can somebody tell me what is so bad about the fender acoustics?

They lack character. Mediocre looks, mediocre sound, and mediocre pricing.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by loudog93
I play mostly sublime.

I woulda never guessed based on your name

sublime jokes aside... that guitar looks like it should come with a barbie doll and directions on mary had a little lamb.

ugly barbie guitar jokes aside... get something else man unless u HAVE to have a "stand out" guitar I would consider checking out the cheap guitars thread. i would also try to forget about fender if I were you. any fender you find at and price, there will be something far better from the same price.

if it DOES need to stand out for you i would rec an epiphone dove or hummingbird
Last edited by Wiggly at Jan 29, 2009,
Dude, just follow the links in my original post. Those are all guitars that are actually worth your time and money.

Please, PLEASE, don't get that thing. I've played on before because I was bored and it looked funny.

Kinda sounded funny too. Like "Haha, I can't believe this sounds so bad" funny.

I mean, I've heard worse....but you can do SO much better for what you pay.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray

Fender actually made a line of guitars that look like this in like the 80s I believe. A friend of mine has one and it sounds really good actually.
I think Fender has kind of stopped putting out good acoustics a while ago. I haven't really heard one that I liked at all so far.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
My first guitar was a Fender D G 8. It was Ok. It fullfilled the purpose of seeing whether this is something I wanted to learn ie..learning to play guitars. I had to take the Fender in for some work. It developed quite a bit of buzzing starting at the 10 fret . He fixed it. I asked him about Fender Acoustics and he said they make great electric guiatars and is the largest company out there but do not buy a Fender acoustic or acoustic electric.
So I bought after a lot of playing different ones ,I bought a Breedlove Passport for $395.00 . It came with a very nice Gig Bag and sounds wonderful especially being a 7/8 size acoustic. It is very easy to play and I have never seen a guitar that stays in tune so well. I bought it at Guitar Center so I had a large selection. Everybody loves my Breedlove!
Last edited by damien71 at Feb 12, 2009,
Fenders have brutal resale value, (unlike thier electrics) and a poorly rated at Harmony Central. You can do way better for the $$.

Get on Kijiji and get something 2-3 years used.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Yeah it the Fender acoustics pretty well suck bad! I like the one I bought better than any that I tried in that price range($350-$500). Taylor guitars are great but I wasn't impressed with the big baby.
The salesman was trying to get me to buy a Yamaha that cost $349.00 but it just did not compare well with the Breedlove Passport. This guitar looks plain . Not all that impressive to look at. But the action is excellent and the sound is as good as some that cost a good deal more.
Quote by Wiggly
i would rec an epiphone dove or hummingbird

I would also. My epiphone dove is awesome
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I cannot believe that MF put the baby blue picture at the front of 11!!!

The natural one looks the best and unlike the first Alverez RD20s link - the Fender is Electro Acoustic - which may come in handy.

Also a couple of half decent reviews on quality etc., here; http://tinyurl.com/bb2p5c

So, I would say, if you try it and like it buy it!

Dave the Rave - "You can't sack me! - I'm Sack-less!"

Yamaha FGX412
Takamine CEB
Roland Cube
Korg Tuner CA-30
Couple of 1960's Echo Super Vampers mouth harps.
(. . . plus a cheap Rogue black Dread'nt 6 String and a black Mandolin in USA)
WARNING: Stolen joke coming.

Tone- the strings look okay
Volume- the strings look okay
Looks- the strings seem okay
Price- the strings seem fine
Overall- $300 buys the strings. The rest ain't worth a damn.

But, Fender acoustics aren't always terrible. Poor resell value, you can sometimes find good deals secondhand. I've had one and my father had one that would compete with $500 guitars. Of course, that's two decent ones out of hundreds I've heard from Fender that are worthless. I'd say if you like the tone and can get past that ridiculous look...and can get it cheaper...and don't mind the blue...you know what, post a pic of yourself. Option two might be better, in a non gay way. Because the guitar is, well, it's gay too.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break