Hey everybody, Im currently looking to purchase an Orange amp head or maybe even a combo; depends on budget...If i were to buy the head, what cab do you think best fits with the orange tone without taking away from it? I ask because buying an Orange cab would put me into debt.

Also, do you guys think that the Orange 30watt tube combo would be enough for an intermediate gigger...places up to 700 people or so...

Thanking you in advance
Gib·son: noun. A dry martini garnished with a small pickled onion.
A good cab would be an Avatar. Put together by hand and completely custom built for you. www.avatarspeakers.com (and they come in Orange, so you can make it match your head!!!)

I don't know if it's THAT loud, but Oranges get pretty loud because of the way they measure the watts. It's how loud it will get BEFORE breakup, so it will be louder than most 30watts. However, I don't know about 700 people crowds.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
A good cab would be an Avatar. Put together by hand and completely custom built for you. www.avatarspeakers.com (and they come in Orange, so you can make it match your head!!!)

I don't know if it's THAT loud, but Oranges get pretty loud because of the way they measure the watts. It's how loud it will get BEFORE breakup, so it will be louder than most 30watts. However, I don't know about 700 people crowds.

+1 for Avatar. If you have enough money get an Orange cabinet instead.

As for 700 people...as long as the place is mic'ed, (which i'm assuming it is cause it's 700 people), you should be fine. Cheers.
Last edited by AJS19 at Jan 28, 2009,