i just started listening to alternative, or punk or whatever its called (i use to only listen to hip hop). Because im trying to learn to play my bro's guitar after he quit and i want to know some bands that would be good to listen to. the bands i like so far are; boys like girls, all time low, fall out boy, panic! at the disco, all american rejects and red jumpsuit. anymore that i should know? thanks much love

pop bands my badd
"dear gravity, you've held me down in this starless city."
Last edited by Guitar-Gurl at Jan 28, 2009,
Paramores pretty good and they have some cool guitar parts.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
nofx, offspring, rancid, blink 182, black flag, descendents, circle jerks (prestige!), bad brains, etc... there is a lot.
Offspring is seconded.
Thrice
Rise Against
Billy Talent
Alexisonfire
State of Shock
DIE FALLOUT BOY! DIE!
Why wouldnt you go to the punk forum??
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

cuz i didnt feel like it haha naw i just didnt? well im new to this site and dont know much about it. so this was easier than whatever it is you talkin bout haha
I'm surprised I'm the first to point out that you didn't name one punk band.
Here's some recs:
Bands YOU will like based on what you lsited:
Forever The Sickest Kids
Cute Is What We Aim For
Mayday Parade
The Audition
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
The Sleeping
Amen The Animal (locals for me)
Arizona Lives (friends of mine)

Good pop punk/punk bands:
Lemuria
The Ergs!
Leftover Crack
The Mr. T Experience
Jawbreaker
Last edited by saxaxe at Jan 28, 2009,
whoa 4real? whats it called?...haha like i said i was strictly a hip hop chick... so im kinda clueless to this stuff...
Quote by Guitar-Gurl
whoa 4real? whats it called?...haha like i said i was strictly a hip hop chick... so im kinda clueless to this stuff...

The stuff you listed is full bands playing pop. Check out a couple of the bands in my first list, mostly Amen The Animal, The Sleeping and Mayday Parade, then check out The Ergs! or Lemuria from the second list.
Quote by saxaxe
Hey, at least she admitted she didn't know anything haha

True, I just wanted to state the obvious. And since you already set her on the right path, I didn't feel like being helpful.
Quote by mcraddict81592
Why wouldnt you go to the punk forum??

So that's where they keep coming from! They come here first, and you guys send them to us!
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by saxaxe
I'm surprised I'm the first to point out that you didn't name one punk band.
Here's some recs:
Bands YOU will like based on what you lsited:
Forever The Sickest Kids
Cute Is What We Aim For
Mayday Parade
The Audition
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
The Sleeping
Amen The Animal (locals for me)
Arizona Lives (friends of mine)

Good pop punk/punk bands:
Lemuria
The Ergs!
Leftover Crack
The Mr. T Experience
Jawbreaker

Hey man, the sleeping used to be legit old school shit. Playing vfw's and halls in NJ all the time back in like 03 04
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Hey man, the sleeping used to be legit old school shit. Playing vfw's and halls in NJ all the time back in like 03 04
Oh yea definitely. They used to play local shows around here in church halls and Knights of Columbus and all. I'm just sayin they fit the sound she's lookin for.