I know that certain guitars, like American-made G&L's, really drop in price used, and good deals can be found on Ebay all around.

Are there any other high-end brands/models that share this trait?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Anything that isn't named Gibson, Fender, or Gretsch.

This

Pacmans got it this was what I was gonna say
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
fender strats... they drop so much because everyone has one lol
Edit *Everyone as in a large population of people aka majority*

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Last edited by dancesisidance at Jan 28, 2009,
Fenders hold their value fairly well My first edition Ibanez Giger now thats a different story
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Carvins. My Carvin is probably worth a fourth of what I bought it new for. I just bought a Carvin strat copy for $300. Used it's what they're worth but my God the guitar plays like a million bucks.
It all depends on the guitar. New guitars loose value as soon as you walk out the door of the music shop, 99% of the time. Even Fender and Gibson, sometimes the more expensive the guitar the more it looses because they are over priced to begin with. Say you pay 2 grand for an LP and try and sell it 6 months from the day you bought it your lucky to get 1200 or 1300 for it. A music shop will give you even less on a trade in. New guitars will take forever to start gaining value.

Truthfully I would rather buy a 1000 dollar Epi and sell it for 500 a couple years down the line rather than have bought a 3000 dollar Gibby I would be lucky to get 1500 bucks for in just a year after I bought it.

Right now it's a buyers market if your looking for a used guitar you can find some great deals. Get an idea of what you want and a price in mind then look in local ads and Craig's list because you can negotiate especially if you have the cash in hand. I bought an early 80s Gibson Explorer E2 for $450.00 about 4 years ago. The guy wanted $800.00 for the guitar no one called him and checked it out but me I offered him 5 for it but he just laughed, later about a week after he called me back so I knew he really needed to sell so I told him the offer was now $450.00 and he took it I sold it later for over 3 grand! If you stick to your plan you can score great guitars for low prices. I do it all the time but you have to be willing to walk away form a deal if they won't come down to your offer.

John
well if your into acoustic martins dont either, and guild i think doesnt eitehr.. although this is the elctric thread so u probly wernt caring about them
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Vlasco
Carvins. My Carvin is probably worth a fourth of what I bought it new for. I just bought a Carvin strat copy for $300. Used it's what they're worth but my God the guitar plays like a million bucks.

Carvin was what I was going to say. I'm always shocked at how how low they resell for sometimes.