Or do I? How does the Zvex super hard on compare? I havn't heard either. I'm really starting to get into the boutique pedal ...not that they really sound that much better (well sometimes they do) I just like the collectablity part of it. I do have a Cmatmods Deluxe Signa Comp and I'm able to get some sweet boost like tones out of that. Is it really woth dishing out that kind of money for a Klon. BTW Im putting them in front of a Dual Recto Roadster through a Dave Gilmoure Emg'd Foto Flame Strat.
I've heard that the Klon is crap for the money...but then again I've never actually played it. I'd say you should try it out yourself.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
80% of the stuff i've read says that the Klon Centaur is not worth the price.
I'm sure the thing rocks, but you could probably get better bang for your buck with a different boutique pedal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by rjsmedo89
Or do I? How does the Zvex super hard on compare? I havn't heard either. I'm really starting to get into the boutique pedal ...not that they really sound that much better (well sometimes they do) I just like the collectablity part of it. I do have a Cmatmods Deluxe Signa Comp and I'm able to get some sweet boost like tones out of that. Is it really woth dishing out that kind of money for a Klon. BTW Im putting them in front of a Dual Recto Roadster through a Dave Gilmoure Emg'd Foto Flame Strat.

Well the Klon can be used as an overdrive as well. It's a nice boost, certainly not worth $400. As an OD though I just don't get it, it sounds just awful, my opinion though. The SHO is a straight up clean boost. I have built clones of both, been a while since I've used either. Going off of that the Klon as a boost is a little warmer, adds a touch of fatness. The SHO adds some sparkle and chime in the top end. They both do their own thing basically.

Both are extremely overpriced though.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Jan 28, 2009,
You might as well just get a Klon if you want to try it out. You just gotta wait 3 months. And if it's a piece of ****, I've seen them go for around $500-600 to people who don't want to wait.

EDIT: I've also heard they're ridiculously overpriced and pretty bad so you may want to just save yourself the trouble and get an Analogman Silver Mod TS9/808. Also, here's a brand new one selling for $480 and he'll probably get it. http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-Klon-Centaur-Silver-Overdrive-Insured-Shipping-Box_W0QQitemZ250364693901QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item250364693901&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jan 28, 2009,
try a zen drive, both this and the klon are in the dumble type od camp.
Quote by ohshait
try a zen drive, both this and the klon are in the dumble type od camp.

Yes, try the Zendrive! It's the greatest Dumble pedal there is. The Fuchs Plush Drive is better for Dumble rhythm but the Zendrive is better for Dumble lead. I've never gotten to try the Jetter GSR though, but I've heard it's the exact same circuit as the Zendrive.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs