hey, i was just curious, how often do you guys practice?
and what does your typical practice session consist of?
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
i play everyday that i can...in my 3.5 years of bass i think ive made like 3 weeks without playing total. i havent made any longer than a week without playing at a time :P. but i play anywhere from 15 minutes to hours on end. i usually doodle around with songs...i need to pick up on some exercises to work on or scales too
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
i just pick up my guitar and play.
no schedule its not a job, ill prob just do riffs or try and come up with difficult excersises to expand my tapping/sweeps/legato/etc. this way if i like it ive improved and i can use it in a song.
ive been playing for 1 and a half years, and ive probably not played guitar around 3-4 days at the longest.

when i first started out, i would practice chords mainly, chords and chord progressions help a bunch with jamming. then with the chords, i would practice fingerpicking them, seeing how i could make the chords sound differently. i think chords were very important to me. then i would doodle with songs, but i would always switch up.

iunno if its just me, but practicing one type of thing for hours on is too much
My practice depends on my mood.
I play at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.
But that's forced since I play bass in jazz band at school.

At home I practice anywhere from 15 minutes to staying til 4AM playing.

When I regiment myself on practice it's 2 hrs a day min, with something along the lines of

15 mins warmup
30 minutes exercises
30 minutes sightreading (just download a song on GP5 and put the bass part on mute)
30 minutes song practice.
15 minutes fiddly diddly.
one hour technique
30 min chords
30 min scale/melody excersized

one hour on improv technique
30 min charlie parker transcriptions/etudes
30 min working on 'bebop scales' (a book that shows where to place passing tones and contains patterns to learn in every key based on a bunch of chords)

two hours on songs
one hour- song im learning that week
one hour- college audition songs-take the a train and darn that dream

half an hour on ear training- solfege excersizes, sight singing, interval training, dictation practice (sometimes)
some time on sightreading (reading down a chart, getting it up to speed with a metronome)

any other time i have spent on rock songs, school jazz band stuff, noodling, whatever.
I haven't touched a guitar is nearly half a year, and my piano practice take place only every few days. The vast majority of my music related time is spent either studying theory, or composing, neither of which I do on the instrument. When I need to actually play the instrument for some reason, it usually only takes one or two days to achieve my usual level of technique.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I ussually play like three hours a day
I learn songs, and play scales, or I just improvise
but i'm never satisfied with myself (I think that's a good thing)
About one hour a day of actual practice. I usually do scales with a metronome. I spend alot more time on the piano and singing.
My practice time is all crazy. I sometimes have a set time to do regular practice. I rarely warm up at all. My entire day could be just

clapping rhythms from a book
reading a sheet of music to play or analyze
transcribing
practicing my chords at a slow tempo (cause the fingering to go from one to another is a b*tch)
technique training (though rarely since I got off GSS)
or sometimes a combination of some of them

Practice time is usually 1 - 9 hours, depending on how dedicated I am and any obligations and responsibilities during the day.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.