Page 1 of 2
I know this might sound 'teen angsty', but seriously, I do think I'm depressed...my girlfriend broke up with me, my dog died, my normally excellent grades are slipping, my parents are fighting, and a close relative of mine died all within the last month. I really do have trouble eating, I throw up a lot (not on purpose), I can't ever get to sleep, I've lost interest in guitar, video games, TV, sports, and my friends. Someone suggest something for me to get through this/ease this?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

that is in fact the very definition of 'teen angstiness'.

grow up.
I have no opinion on this matter.
The fact that you see these threads on UG everyday should be a pretty good indication that you aren't the only one. There are always people around the world feeling equally as bad, if not worse so just keep your head up and pull through these minor bumps in life.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Grab a bowl of nachos and turn on the TV. Works for me except most the time that's just me being lazy.
Sail upon the open skies
I suggest copious speedballs, you'll either feel better or you'll be dead, either way, no more depression.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm sorry, man. Seriously. I've had it for years. Talk to your doctor, try therapy, and maybe try some medication. Don't, whatever you do, listen to the assholes who are gonna say "with a gun lulz!!!". Cheers.
Listen to What I Got, by Sublime. That song always cheers me up. And release all your depression and anger into your music. I do that, and that's why I'm always happy now. =)
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
If you seriously think you're depressed then see a doctor about it. If you think it's just a rough time you're going through then just get out there and do something. Work out, join an organization that helps people, basically take your mind off your problems.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Drink.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Go and see your doctor. Seriously, it's what they're there for: depression can be a serious thing, and if it's affecting you physically it's important to get some help sooner rather than later. They'll probably refer you to a counsellor who'll help you sort things out a bit, or a psychiatrist of some kind, who may or may not prescribe drugs to help you feel better.

In the meantime, try and maintain a routine in your daily life; get up at a certain time and go to bed at a certain time, even if you don't feel like it, and make sure you eat, even if you're sick. Confide in you friends/a friend if you feel able to, and ask them if they'd be willing to be around if you feel like talking or just hanging out to take your mind off things. Also, would telling your parents be a possibility? They might not realise that you're feeling bad, and that them fighting is making it worse, and it's kind of their responsibility to sort themselves out if it's hurting their kids.

Anyway, there're probably going to be lots of dumb answers from idiots in this thread, so I'd recommend going to the hugging thread where people aren't total morons.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Ah yes. You appear to be suffering from Problems that Everyone Goes Through That You Feel are Only Happening to You Thus You Overreact to Such. PEGTTYFOHYTY is a very common illness. I will write up a prescription for optimism and you should be fine.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I agree with irishstang, TS. I'm sorry you're going through such a really hard time, just keep it in mind that things will change, no doubt about it. All the advice I can give you is don't listen to the Pitmonkeys that insult you on this thread, and therapy. Therapy helps.
I got depressed a whole lot last year. I'm pretty sure it's normal to an extent because of hormones or some shit. It's hard to deal with, but if you wait it out, it should subside.
Quote by esther_mouse
Go and see your doctor. Seriously, it's what they're there for: depression can be a serious thing, and if it's affecting you physically it's important to get some help sooner rather than later. They'll probably refer you to a counsellor who'll help you sort things out a bit, or a psychiatrist of some kind, who may or may not prescribe drugs to help you feel better.

honestly i don't think this is a case of clinical depression, the dudes just going through a rough patch.

Last.fm
Quote by Froboarder
Listen to What I Got, by Sublime. That song always cheers me up. And release all your depression and anger into your music. I do that, and that's why I'm always happy now. =)

You know, it used to but that song just depresses me now, it was my gf's favorite song.
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
honestly i don't think this is a case of clinical depression, the dudes just going through a rough patch.

You're probably right, but still, that stuff helps.

Clinical depression sucks.
Wow, I feel like a whiny bitch for being depressed right now compared to all you've been through.

Anyways, talking through it all with my really close friends helps me a lot. And I mean only your really close friends.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
ya yur depressed... boo ****ing hoo.. i use to think JUST LIKE YOU

then another couple months/years later i realised things were getting harder..

lets put it this way. if you cant handle this. its only gonna get alot worse
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Clinical depression is not the only kind of depression

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/mentalhealthproblems/depression/depression.aspx

Edit: also, no matter what degree of emotional pain/depression someone is feeling, it's all relative. If they're having trouble coping, then it makes sense to get medical help - after all, that's why therapists etc exist. You don't have to have been sexually abused by Santa as a child to need someone to help you out.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Last edited by esther_mouse at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by cloudjessie42
I know this might sound 'teen angsty', but seriously, I do think I'm depressed...my girlfriend broke up with me, my dog died, my normally excellent grades are slipping, my parents are fighting, and a close relative of mine died all within the last month. I really do have trouble eating, I throw up a lot (not on purpose), I can't ever get to sleep, I've lost interest in guitar, video games, TV, sports, and my friends. Someone suggest something for me to get through this/ease this?

In all seriousness, go out for walks and write in a journal. I'm coping right now with my ex not wanting to be with me so that's what I do. Don't listen to all these guys with no balls to say how they actually feel about things. It's always " MAN UP PUSSY " because they have nothing better to do while they are happy and you arent. Personally I know that writing in a journal has helped me so much it's unreal. You get it all out and it makes you feel ok...it will slowly allow you to do things. When you are able to do things again, go for a jog instead of a walk, then pick up your geet and come up with something that feels like what your feeling. Trust me!
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Agreed.

Everything TS said happens to everybody, just not necessarily all at once. TS, just be optimistic and enjoy what you have. And always have the mindset that things WILL get better. Because they will.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by BeastTheBand
In all seriousness, go out for walks and write in a journal. I'm coping right now with my ex not wanting to be with me so that's what I do. Don't listen to all these guys with no balls to say how they actually feel about things. It's always " MAN UP PUSSY " because they have nothing better to do while they are happy and you arent. Personally I know that writing in a journal has helped me so much it's unreal. You get it all out and it makes you feel ok...it will slowly allow you to do things. When you are able to do things again, go for a jog instead of a walk, then pick up your geet and come up with something that feels like what your feeling. Trust me!

Thanks so much dude...just reading this inspired me a bit
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Quote by cloudjessie42
You know, it used to but that song just depresses me now, it was my gf's favorite song.

Then listen to Hump De Bump AND/OR Knock Me Down, by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Or check out some ska. And like I said, write music. It always helps me.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by BeastTheBand

+1

I spend a lot of time just writing stuff down. I don't know why, but it helps.
Hey man, I'm sorry, and I had a very similar situation but things have gotten a lot better =] So if you need anyone to talk to, please, by all means, feel free to message me. Exercising helps a lot. If you stay active, it'll make your body naturally feel better and respond more healthily, and you'll be able to sleep better. Sleep is key; maintaining a steady sleep cycle until you get better and eating well and exercising will do the most help.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Exersize, it seriously helps, probably cuz it gets the endorphines pumping.

Clinical depression really sucks.

All the best.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by esther_mouse
Clinical depression is not the only kind of depression

that's true, but clinical depression is the only kind that responds to medication and whatnot, which is what you where suggesting. A doctor probably wont be able to help in this case.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that's true, but clinical depression is the only kind that responds to medication and whatnot, which is what you where suggesting. A doctor probably wont be able to help in this case.

Therapy could, though. And when it comes to meds with depression, it's kinda all up in the air. Mine only made me much, much worse.
Quote by BeastTheBand

Far from being happy dude but this is something you ask your peers your counslers not a bunch of teens who have **** thats happening to them also I'm not saying man up pussy for being depressed but theres some **** you leave at your house and in your therapy sessions.
Quote by freedoms_stain
New girlfriend and dog?

Or, if you're into interspecies erotica, just the dog.

Ask Kensai. He can hook you up with some great websites, and some human/animal orgies.

EDIT: Not that I would know.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by irishstang_87
Therapy could, though. And when it comes to meds with depression, it's kinda all up in the air. Mine only made me much, much worse.

Agreed.

I also really think that working out and joining an organization to help people would really help ts.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by dethead666
Far from being happy dude but this is something you ask your peers your counslers not a bunch of teens who have **** thats happening to them also I'm not saying man up pussy for being depressed but theres some **** you leave at your house and in your therapy sessions.

Ok, I guess i can agree with that. In my eyes though, I see a guy just looking for an outside opinion from people that don't know his lifestyle, therefore I'm willing to help. Also sorry if that's the case because I just saw it as someone just making a joke to be mean lol.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by BeastTheBand
Ok, I guess i can agree with that. In my eyes though, I see a guy just looking for an outside opinion from people that don't know his lifestyle, therefore I'm willing to help. Also sorry if that's the case because I just saw it as someone just making a joke to be mean lol.

well i sorta was being a little mean i'm tired of hearing people complain about their lives and how we should feel obliged to cheer them up. Everyone has problems i used to be a student counseler and i had to quit just because everyone had the same problems parents fighting, girlfriends breaking up...the point is this happens to everyone but you pave your own road if your grades are slipping study harder, If your parents are fighting do some things around the house to lower stress, If your girlfriend broke up with you start looking for others a highschool squeeze leaving you shouldn't be a surprise, look for others.
Listen to some music that'll cheer you up. Go for a walk. Fap. Smoke a bowl. Those things always cheer me up when I'm feeling down
Music, a steady riot in my soul
Here's what you need to do. Put together a big stimulus package and inject it into your jugular. It's gotta have lots of big projects in it. Don't fall for that tax refund crap that the republicans are trying to push in your face; it doesn't work. Once it's entered your system, wait 2 to 10 years for results.
Page 1 of 2