I've got this Squier VM Thinline, and it's a great guitar, sounds great, plays great, built great, looks great. But, Being me, the day I bought it, I also bought a new bridge for it, and I almost bought new tuners (I was actually happy with the tuners, but now that I've lost my employee discount, I'm thinking I should have bought them!) and considered ordering a set of Fender pickups for it, but when I tried the pickups out with an amp at the store, I was blown away, and decided to hold off on it.

Now, I'm wondering: I'm looking at pickups and was thinking of getting the pickups from a '69 RI by fender, to get the true tone for the '69 model, so, that's an idea. I was also thinking of maybe getting GFS pickups, the vintage spec tele pickups. And there's also the Duncan vintage style pickups...

So, my question is: if I go from the Duncan Designed to the GFS, will that make any sense? If I go with the pups out of a '69 reissue, will that sweeten the guitar up? The duncans, I know for a fact would, but I'm trying to keep it cheap. Just some opinions, please.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
no one's got any experience with this quandary?
DD are not as good as GFS, but they're not that much worse. Go with real Duncans or Dimarzio's or Fenders
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
DD are not as good as GFS, but they're not that much worse. Go with real Duncans or Dimarzio's or Fenders

well, the Fender's I'm talking about are out of a MIM reissue, the MIM 1969 Reissue to be exact.
Still, no one's got any info on this for me? No one's got an opinions on the Fender '69 RI pickups vs. the Duncan Designed vintages?
Quote by -MintSauce-
Duncan Designed pickups sound like ass, no matter whether they're branded as 'vintage' or not. Avoid them.

they're what came in my guitar, and actually, they're not that bad. I had a set of SPB-2 clones in my Accu-bass for a while and they sounded good and they're whats in my tele right now, they actually sound loads better than normal squiers, and MIM fender standard's IMO, but I want something a little better without spending a ton of money.