So... My G-Dec junior amp broke on me while I was playing.... and now i need a new amp...
I want something that has a good "metal" setting on it and want to avoid pedals, etc... so i was thinking about the Line 6 spider 3 15 watt amp, i just need something i can jam on in my room/with friends, etc.

Is the Line 6 spider 3 any good? Im looking for a good practice amp for less than 200 bucks, any suggestions please, I need a new amp ASAP.

OR AM I BETTER OFF BUYING ANOTHER G-DEC Junior AMP???
Last edited by ricky10 at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by ricky10
So... My G-Dec junior amp broke on me while I was playing.... and now i need a new amp...
I want something that has a good "metal" setting on it and want to avoid pedals, etc... so i was thinking about the Line 6 spider 3 15 watt amp, i just need something i can jam on in my room/with friends, etc.

Is the Line 6 spider 3 any good? Im looking for a good practice amp for less than 200 bucks, any suggestions please, I need a new amp ASAP.

::Grabs a lawn chair, umbrella, an ice-cold glass of lemonade, and relaxes while waiting for the GG&A mob to show up, bash the Spider III series, and suggest a Roland Cube amp.::
Quote by lumberjack
::Grabs a lawn chair, umbrella, an ice-cold glass of lemonade, and relaxes while waiting for the GG&A mob to show up, bash the Spider III series, and suggest a Roland Cube amp.::

/thread
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
peavey vypyr 30. Its $200.

I heard they are now the bestselling guitar amp in the USA.

I have the 75 and its awesome.

check out the Peavey vypyr thread on UG.
Last edited by ILoveGuitar07 at Jan 28, 2009,
I've played on my friend's Roland Cube 30 and I thought it was a great amp for the price it is (I think it's like $250 new).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
What's not to like about the spider?
Its sexy
Its cheap
It has lots of cool shiny knobs
It has tons of effects

O and then there's the thin, lifeless tone.
I leik music
They are a great amp IMO. They have sweet settings. If youre looking for a multi-fx processing unit and an amp in one... This is your greatest bet.
Quote by edbert

/thread

Woah an 2003er! You are becoming a rare breed sir.

In all seriousness though, another amp you would like is the Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue amps. They are really incredible little buggers for being solid state, and sound better ( to my ears ) than anything else you can get your hands on for under $200 that isn't tube. They aren't made anymore, but you can find them used on eBay for under $200 no problem. With a high output humbucker they can do metal, and they have a very, very dark tone which is well suited for the genre.

There's actually a nice 1x12 Edition Blue 60 on there for $150 right now. It's still got 3 days left, but trust me, NOBODY knows these amps exist, so I'm sure you could get it for under $200 no problem. There is also the 15 watt version on there, which is considerably smaller, and you could snag that with Buy It Now for $150.

Check 'em out my friend.
Quote by lumberjack
Woah an 2003er! You are becoming a rare breed sir.

In all seriousness though, another amp you would like is the Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue amps. They are really incredible little buggers for being solid state, and sound better ( to my ears ) than anything else you can get your hands on for under $200 that isn't tube. They aren't made anymore, but you can find them used on eBay for under $200 no problem. With a high output humbucker they can do metal, and they have a very, very dark tone which is well suited for the genre.

There's actually a nice 1x12 Edition Blue 60 on there for $150 right now. It's still got 3 days left, but trust me, NOBODY knows these amps exist, so I'm sure you could get it for under $200 no problem. There is also the 15 watt version on there, which is considerably smaller, and you could snag that with Buy It Now for $150.

Check 'em out my friend.

This man speaks the truth. I would rather have a H&K with a Metal Muff for metal rather than any modeler.

If you're averse to distortion pedals, look at a Cube.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales