So I'm starting to work on sight reading on guitar, and I noticed that middle C is actually the C that is the first fret on the B string (for some reason I assumed it was the C an octave lower i.e. 3rd fret on A string). So that means the low E string is like a line below the bass clef......so does guitar sheet music usually have treble and bass clef like piano does?

Also, are there any good sites where I can find free sheet music? Tabs are everywhere, but sheet music seems a lot harder to find
Anything on power tab or guitar pro has both the tab and standard notation
Guitar uses the treble clef, can use both, but it's more common to stick with treble (although learning both is a good idea). I'm not sure how it evolved that way, but the written music for the guitar is an octave higher than the pitch of the instrument. You're right that middle c should be the first fret on the b string, however for the guitar it's treated as being the third fret on the a string.

Sheet music is a lot harder to find for free I'm afraid. Except that all other musicians also use it, so if you have friends who play other instruments you could borrow some of their music?
guitar transposes by one octave. So if both a guitar and piano are playing a middle c (what is written for piano as C4- one ledger line below treble clef) we will sound a C3. Generally, guitar music is written like this, but if your playing music written for another c instrument (left hand of a piano score, flute, violin, voice etc.) then you should bring it up an octave.
Ok. That's interesting, I didn't know that.

Is there a way to turn off the tab on powertab so there is just the staff? Also, where can I find some good powertab for jazz music? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot on UG.
Get "A modern guitar method" by William Leavit.

It is a great book, and it is the basic textbook of Berklee college.

I have it, and am slowly getting through it.
Quote by Tom-sawyer
Get "A modern guitar method" by William Leavit.

It is a great book, and it is the basic textbook of Berklee college.

I have it, and am slowly getting through it.

Ok cool I'll have to check that out. I'm currently going through the "Music Theory" for guitar book by Tom Kolb, which is really good.