hey guys, i was re-stringing my epiphone DOT studio today, and all went well until i tightened up the strings.the action was so low the strings seemed glued to the fretboard. (like fretting a note doesnt change the pitch.) i cant figure out what happened. any ideas as to what went wrong and how i can fix it?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
To fix, raise the action.

IDK what happened - did you change string gauge?!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The strings are touching ALL the frets?

I don't see how this can happen with that type of guitar unless the nut or bridge adjuster fell off. Did you thread the strings through the stoptail so they wrap back over the top of it? (not that it'd make any difference I don't think?)

Pics?
If all you have done is take the strings of then put new ones on...? if I'm not mistaken a DOT uses a tune-o-matic bridge with a stop bar right? If you have put the strings through the stop bar but left off the bridge it would cause the problem you have, your string would probably be touching your pick-ups. if you wrapped the strings over the stop bar and left the bridge off it might clear the pick-ups but would still run along the frets. If the bridge is upside down (flat side up) then that would drop the action about 3-4 mm or 0.16 of an inch which would probably have the same effect of running the strings along the frets but with the bonus of not being a complete goose by leaving parts off when you put your guitar together. If you can get pics up that would definately help us work out what is wrong otherwise head to your local guitar store and they will happily help I'm sure. Best of luck dude
well i didnt change string guage, the strings are in the bridge, i donthave a camera, and the nearest guitar store is 1000km away. idk what to do
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Does your bridge etc. look like this when strung as it is now?