it's been 3 days that i've been working on this...i don't think it's finnished yet..
i just need some critics to be able to continue...
i know the bass line are till very basic
i couldn't relate it to any style, so i guess it's epic
C4C of course
10x

EDIT: i uploaded a new version, drums changed on the chorus and changed the bass in the intro ....
Last edited by tiammetadeth at Oct 19, 2009,
Well, it's too complex to give you some points after listening to it once, but I'd say the drums in the beginning aren't too good. Don't know exactly what to do with them to make it sound better, but they just sound unnatural (and it's not because of the midi sounds :P)

but overall I liked it very much, the solo lines are great
yeah allright, ill try something different with the drums...get help from a drummer maybe :p
10x glad u liked it
I quite like the feel of this song so far *im at the verse* The drums arent really as good as they could be however like already said, but i'm not going to dwell on that. They get better in the chorus though with the double bass and I really like the works of the guitar as they sound very melodic, and very harmonic minor like. I think the piano interlude is really quite cool and i'm really fond of well composed piano's I think the solo is pretty cool and sounds very Avenged Sevenfold like with the arpeggios. Verse 2 and chorus same crit as before. I quite like the key change chorus I think it has a nice feel to it, and I really like that you have gone back to your intro for the outro but with a rall. I think that that works exceptionally well and love the chord strum at the end.

Overall a really great song
hey 10x
and i understand what u mean about the drums...very generic, like the bass
i'll try to make it more creative
Sorry i took so long to get back to you...
Quote by Klayy
Well, it's too complex to give you some points after listening to it once, but I'd say the drums in the beginning aren't too good. Don't know exactly what to do with them to make it sound better, but they just sound unnatural (and it's not because of the midi sounds :P)

but overall I liked it very much, the solo lines are great

I agree with this. Fix up the drums it'll be pretty good.
Mind if I write some bass and send it to ya?
Also, the piano seems off a little
i'm still working on the drums...do u think i should keep the double pedal in the chorus?

Quote by jbridge90
Mind if I write some bass and send it to ya?
Also, the piano seems off a little

yeah sure, why not!
Last edited by tiammetadeth at Feb 4, 2009,
I liked it, nice work I could listen to it a while but after while I was slightly bored... Sorry, but overall nice job.
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
I just started it so i'm critting as I go.

The intro reminds me a bit of Metallica... I dunno why, but in the same respect it seems classical to me. Only a little though. The leads over it are amazing. I really like them. And the drums are still a bit generic. I like the part at around 1 minute. It seems kinda cliched though. Either way, it's a safe thing to do for a verse (i'm assuming >> it's not bad

Oh jesus. The transition to the piano gave me goosebumps. That was amazing. The piano is really good. And i like the harmonized harmonic minor with the piano. It sounds really good. I'm guessing this is the chorus? It's very good.

The next part is good.. the same as a previous part.

Then the "verse"... it's very well transitioned.

The key change was nice. Unexpected definately. I like that alot, mad props.

The acoustic outro is really good. I always like it when the intro of songs repeat. Though I don't like the last chord you strummed. I think you should just keep it going and add a counter-melody over the top, or harmonize it with another acoustic, and then just have it fade. Or just have the same acoustic going and have it fade. That's just me, though.

Overall, very good song. The intro is amazing. And, funnily enough, the transition between the verse and the chorus (as i've mentioned) is my favorite part overall. Along with the section just after it. Those are just absolutely amazing. It starts at 1:32. The only thing i would really change is the outro, but that's just me.

9.5/10 :]

I would probably put this under as Melodic Death Metal... but i'm not too familiar with Melo Death. I could definately see some screaming vocals over it.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062708
Intro:
Very simple arpeggio style intro, but it is executed very beautiful in that respect. Personally, I think the solo could have gone on a bit longer, because it could truly be a totally epic solo.
9/10

Verse:
Probably my favorite riff in this song. Very beautiful piece, all the instruments in this riff mesh together so well.
10/10

Chorus:
To be honest, the verse is much more interesting. Although it has the right chord structure for a chorus, it just sounds very weak compared to the verse. The guitar riff here is pretty sweet though. Love the little bridge into the little piano interlude.
9/10

Piano Interlude:
Love how its essentially the intro an octave higher than the intro, but of course it has more stuff going on, again, all is meshed very well together.
10/10

Solo:
Again, using very simple strucure, you written a solo that totally works. Piano harmony is pretty sweet, that is until the last 2 bars, then it sounds a bit iffy.
9/10

Outro:
Love how you've gone for a riff that has a similar structure to the intro riff, I totally love songs where a song ends where it began. Although its not exactly the same, it has the same feel as the intro, so thats good enough for me. I love how it gets slower towards the end, and ofcourse, how you have resolved it with the Bm chord.
10/10

I don't think this is very strange at all. I think its an extremely epic composition you have there. As I think someone else said, its got a slight Metallica feel to it in some places. Generally, I think although the drums are simple, they fulfill their purpose so I've fine with them. The bass is also fulfills its purpose, but as a bassist myself, it could be more interesting in some place. Overall, if the song was much longer than this I would say the riffs are to generic for a much longer song, but the song has just the right length for the kinda riffs they are. 9.5/10 from me.

Care to crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062341