Me and my friend were having an msn conversation, when suddenly all this "wikiwinks.com" stuff pops up. It won't go away. It's popping up as a message sent by my friend, it's totally screwed up. It's not happening with any other convo, just mine and this friend of mine. I've been told that he must have a virus because he's the one sending the messages with the screwed virus link in it. I would like to know, pit, what the hell this **** is and how to make it stop? kthnx
Tell him to get a virus scan
Don't accept any files or anything from him... you should really get him to go offline until he's got it sorted
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
He actually got a virus from using one of those wireless networks in some adelaide shopping centers not long ago...he had to get his computer fixed and all. Could that be the cause maybe?
Quote by Josh Shiells
McAfee/Norton.

You could try Norton, but to be honest it sucks...get AVG and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware...with this your computer will be damn near impenetrable...and if it does get infected Malwarebytes is kick ass for getting rid of EVERYTHING!
Quote by Hot_Money420
You could try Norton, but to be honest it sucks...get AVG and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware...with this your computer will be damn near impenetrable...and if it does get infected Malwarebytes is kick ass for getting rid of EVERYTHING!
Actually, I have norton. And these messages from offline people come up with "foto *virus link*". I've ran full system scans and it doesn't detect anything. This has happened to a few of my friends aswell. The rest of my computer seems to be fine. I hope....
Quote by dio_dude
Actually, I have norton. And these messages from offline people come up with "foto *virus link*". I've ran full system scans and it doesn't detect anything. This has happened to a few of my friends aswell. The rest of my computer seems to be fine. I hope....

If it is popping up like that, it could be some for of ad or spyware that is disguised as a messenger conversation that somehow getting past your firewall...I would honestly suggest looking for a free version of AVG and Malwarebytes....not exactly sure where you could get a free one, but a Google search would be the logical spot to find it...if that doesn't work...you might wanna take it in to get it scanned...but that can be costly, so it is up to you...
Also, my friends msn keeps signing on and off randomly. His computer is pwned definately, then?
The logging off thing could just as easy be a connection problem...I'm not familiar with anything else that would cause it to randomly do that...
you could try deleting all temporary internet files (tools - internet options - delete) and doing a system restore to some earlier date. worked for me last weekend when my wife's computer started throwing up some wacky messages.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix