Page 1 of 5
So I broke up with my girlfriend today, and instead of self-harming, I decided to take all my emotion out through music. After jamming to a few songs, singing (badly) about ****, and generally just venting my ****, I was still sort of down.

Call me stupid for "wrecking a guitar", but I think I've made a tool into an instrument. I've carved out the words "Died" small, and put a stroke underneath it. On the back, where noone can see. It's not meant to show off, it's there so I can find that emotion again, because I truly played my best during that time.

What about you guys? What really personal touches have changed your tool into an instrument?
Hahaha, that's rather sad.

What makes my guitar mine? Hmm....the fact that i paid for it, i replace the strings on it, i clean it and i play it.
Quote by bapplebo
What about you guys? What really personal touches have changed your tool into an instrument?
You sure you didn't mean to post this in the pit?

On topic, my relationship with my guitar is based on trust - she knows I would never hurt her, and she's always there for me when I need her
New knobs so far, new pickups soon, new hardware.

Or th fact i went through over 100 guitars and none of them have played better to me.
Quote by vzeke
emo.

lol.

Quote by zhilla
On topic, my relationship with my guitar is based on trust - she knows I would never hurt her, and she's always there for me when I need her

Heh, whatever works for each person I guess! =] I've always been a bit antagonistic though, so I guess my option is no surprise.
i have my name in permanent ink on it, and i have drawn pictures on it.
Changed the pups, the tuners, its got historical marks on it from past accidents and I payed for it.
Probably the back where it says:

''Custom made for Matija Štrasner(me)...''
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
It has my name on it

Also you better not have done that on your jackson
Last edited by IAMREALLYCOOL at Jan 29, 2009,
Its not my main guitar but...
I have a VERY customized guitar also.

I call it my Stratenpaul Paper caster.
The entire guitars been covered in paper topped labels.
Then i used many many sharpies to cover only the front in skribbles and make it look like a sketch.
In 2D it looks like a drawing.
In 3D it looks rather badass.

EDIT: The neck has no labels or anything of the sort by the way.
Im not that crazy.
The neck is unaffected but it is a lespaul Jr. neck.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jan 29, 2009,
The fact I'm the only person I know here with an LP with a Floyd Rose & a Sustainer kit with effects built into it

I would say only person ever, but Neil Schon has me beaten with his custom but Lifesons Axcess is just ball's in comparison.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i put a small piece of tape on the neck bolt cover and write the guitar's name on it.
my guitars are dexter, lars, cabbage, and otis
New pick-ups, new knobs, used a paint marker to cover some of the markings on it, gonna stain the fretboard ebony, the Swallowing Shit sticker on it...

I want it to look as minimalist as possible, black is classy.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I'm starting to fill the back of mine with stickers I want it so i can't see the paint on the guitar.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Quote by Ikonoklast
Hahaha, that's rather sad.

What makes my guitar mine? Hmm....the fact that i paid for it, i replace the strings on it, i clean it and i play it.

lolz same with me
Quote by STABxYOU
New pick-ups, new knobs, used a paint marker to cover some of the markings on it, gonna stain the fretboard ebony, the Swallowing Shit sticker on it...

I want it to look as minimalist as possible, black is classy.

May i recomend you something i think is VERY classy?
All of your frets silver exept the 11th fret and the 12th fret are gold.

On ebony its dead sexy.
Its my personal trademark for my guitars once i redo the fretting on my guitars.
That and a good full scalloping.
You realize, of course, that your avatar is a chick with devil horns, right? Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

My Gibson, I've had for 29 years, I'm pretty sure she's mine. And I built my Strat from pieces that were given to me by a kid who'd taken her completely down because his girlfriend dumped him....stupid kid.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
Quote by Darkkon
I have 11 gauge strings which I made from the skin of my ex.

LOL!

my sqiuer strat has a few chips where my friend dropped it because of a ****ty strap.

and my dean mlx has a chip where my friend hit a wall with it when he was playing.

f**king friends.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']May i recomend you something i think is VERY classy?
All of your frets silver exept the 11th fret and the 12th fret are gold.

On ebony its dead sexy.
Its my personal trademark for my guitars once i redo the fretting on my guitars.
That and a good full scalloping.

Sounds interesting, but not really the look I'm after, and scalloping wouldn't suit someone who rarely plays leads.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
hmmm on my honeyburst PRS standard 22 copy... huge chip in the bottom from going over the drum kit, chips on headstock from jamming with a hardcore band while i was in a doorway at rock school... 10-48 strings... crossed safety pin stickers, guitar hero red-orange stickers on my first five frets,another safety pin on 12th fret and an A for anarchy between p/ups. oh and using stickers to change Mirabeau to GirabeauH!
I have a sticker of a some piano keys on my ibanez, I have etched my name in a cool font of the back cover, I have a BananaBeer logo on the head, I changed the pickguard to a blue pickguard, I changed the pick up colours to red, I have a some badges on my strap and then there's a few dents and scratches oh and a dent next to the 7th fret which is good because if I'm playing in the dark I can use it for referance.
I will shred in the end!!
well I have a 666 in the pickguard, no tremolo backplate , took of the pickup covers and a f*cked up headstock
The fact that it's my name on the warranty card is what makes it mine.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Out of all my guitars my black squier affy strat.
She's been there for 6 years, has HSH, newk nobs and is covered in dents and dings.

She's totally broken in now, and feels perfect.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
I have an old $100 acoustic,which was my first guitar,that is covered in artwork and signatures from various friends and characters I've met over the years.It's displayed proudly in my music room for all to see.Besides that,I built one of electrics,and I paid for the others.Broken in necks,scratches,dings,the odd action I play with,and my habit of never changing my strings makes them mine.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

My main electric is a hella nice Epi LP I got back in 2001 from Music Live.
It's always been nice to play but I decided to give her a treat of new toggle switch, jack plate, vol/tone knobs, tuners, pickups and pickup rings. Hardware is now all chrome including the pickup rings (pickups are black).
All that finished of with a proper setup for action, intonation and pickup height.

She sings.
404: Sig not found.
Last edited by ChrisN at Jan 29, 2009,
The ****ty setup they all have because I can't be bothered with it.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
It has 3 D'addario stings and 3 DR strings.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
The new pickups, the machine heads that I changed after I broke the old ones by accident and the locking nut which I had to change cause I ****ed up the old one.

Not to mention the Kiss autographs, my name on the back of the headstock and a huge chip in the finish.

I love my guitar

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
my guitar has my dried up blood on it. I accidentally hit myself in the head with it.
Last edited by RunawayKaren at Jan 29, 2009,
I took off the original backplate and put on my other guitars backplate that doesn't even fit.

It also has two cigarette burns from one of my friends.
Well, my strat has a tiny scratch on the back that I made by mistake, but it sort of looks like the letter "A" which is my first name's initial, so that's what makes it my guitar as far as I'm concerned.

I also modified it from SSS to HSS and have a black pickguard on it. I will put some pictures of it soon on my profile.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Page 1 of 5