I am a bass player who plays with his fingers and i am in speed metal band. The problem i have noticed with my right hand technique is that when i play fast songs the bass tends to rattle and make a clicking sound which causes problems recording bass and my overall tone , so i was wondering if anyone knew of a way that i can get round this without playing with a pick.

Cheers
raise the action on your bass or play softer and turn up your amp
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Taygunov
is your treble knob on 10 by any chance ?

This. Lower your treble settings, that'll keep the clicking down.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
lower the treble setting would give a much different tone, im guessing you would still like to keep the clarity and punch of ur bass?
ur either plucking too agressively or plucking towards the body of the bass, and plucking near the neck.
pluck as close to the bridge as possible and try not to pluck the strings towards the body as you play.
a good compressor can make the clicking softer. also i have this problem sometimes. i just had to learn to play softer. I get it mostly on the E string.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Play softer and make sure you hands are loose. One of the things that a pro once pointed out in my playing that caused unwanted tone and clicking, is that when I played fast I tensed up my hand and arm, which causes one to play more staccato and far more aggressively than you need to.