Ok, so I entered a giveaway in December and won a free guitar. However the guitar was a bit of a cheap guitar and it wasn't too good. It had sharp fret ends, bad tuners, etc. I'm thinking of trading it for a Squier Affinity Strat I believe. I know they aren't the greatest but you think it's worth it? I might put up clips to show you how the guitar sounds because to my ears it's not that good.
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
What's the guitar?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by Mazzakazza
I would use it as something to mod for fun.

Ya, same here man, this is a great opportunity to experiment with pickups, necks, tuners, whatever... I also have a really cheap guitar just laying around, but they are great "project" or "hobby" guitars.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
it's the PRS copy. I don't have the time or money to mod it.i'll post more info when i get home from school
Guitars
Amps
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
Quote by Mazzakazza
I would use it as something to mod for fun.

+1
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I agree, without knowing what type of guitar it is, it is tough to give you any real advice. I am never one to say sell it. I am of the school of trying to make something from nothing and would use the opportunity to mod it.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by Don Tonberry
it's the PRS copy. I don't have the time or money to mod it.i'll post more info when i get home from school

Is the brand Dillion?
There is no name or serial number on the headstock.

I wish I could mod it but I have no money nor will my parents give me money for modifications.
Guitars
Amps
Pedals
I would save it, to be honest.

You have plenty of other gear, and hey, who knows?

Maybe when you come into some money, you can start to modify it a little.

It honestly doesn't look like you need the Squier, judging from what your signature says.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I would save it, to be honest.

You have plenty of other gear, and hey, who knows?

Maybe when you come into some money, you can start to modify it a little.

It honestly doesn't look like you need the Squier, judging from what your signature says.

I obviously don't NEED it but I have had GAS for a Strat for a while now and this guy might give me a pretty good deal
Guitars
Amps
Pedals