After unsuccessfully searching for an Ocean Colour Scene thread, I decided to start one . What does Alt & Indie think about OCS? I think they're one of the most underrated bands. Favourite songs are "Do Yourself A Favour" and, of course, "The Riverboat Song".

Go!

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Used to be into them back through sorta 1997-2001.
They got kinda boring though. Never really evolved; very much music for the era that hasn't (in my ears) stood the test of time.

Steve Craddock is a brilliant guitarist though, he just needed to stop trying to be Weller's son.

One thing I did enjoy... seeing them when they came to Nottingham Royal Concert Hall in 2001 and the whole place singing the words to Robin Hood. Truely awesome.
404: Sig not found.
I've only heard Riverboat Song but it's an awesome song.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I was really into Ocean Colour Scene when they came out. I still listin to them on occasions, I've just done a cover of 100 mile high city with my friend. Check it out if you know the song.

Regards
Delboy

EDIT : Did you know they're playing the V festival this year.
Last edited by Delboyuk_01 at Mar 27, 2009,
I love the song "Mile High City."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Just as a FYI; it's called "100 Mile High City".
404: Sig not found.
The day we caught the train always makes me think of the summer, in general i loved mosely shoals.

Steve Craddock to me is a good indie guitarist but he never hit me with the same feeling like John Squire, Bernard Butler and Graham Coxon....his simplistic yet catchy riffs were always ace.

In short i miss 1996 i want to grow curtains and wear Ben Sherman again
Man kills everything
Quote by ChrisN
Just as a FYI; it's called "100 Mile High City".

That's what I meant. It's been a long time since I listened to their early stuff.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Anyone heard Steve Cradock's new album? It's pretty good Quite Weller-y, like I expected.

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore