I don't like the infinity's on my RG570DX, so I'm looking to change to either the Demon Screamer buckers or Invaders. I need a bucker for metal and hard rock. Not as far as metal though. The metal I play doesn't get much heavier than something like A7X.

Any other suggestions for a good humbucker are welcome.
DiMarzio D activators
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
I'd get a Duncan jazz for the neck and a full shred in the bridge
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
the Duncan JB/TB combo seems pretty common. Zacky Vengeance's custom has a matched set of JBs
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Duncans or Rockfield pickups if you want an A7X sound
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
So maybe even a JB and an Invader? One for bridge and another for neck? I tried out a guitar with an SH-8 in it and I really liked.

Or is that too weird....I don't know.
^the Custom Custom has a very poorly defined bass and not very much in it tonally because of the ceramic magnets; the Custom 5 is head and shoulders above it.

... Why does almost everybody jump at the opportunity to reccomend pickups for the absolute heaviest thing he wanted? D-Activators? He didn't want heavy metal, remember?
If you've got the cash, you should get Bare Knuckles. I reccomend the Cold Sweat or Nailbomb in this case.
Otherwise, try DiMarzios. For hard rock, perhaps leaning towards a bit of metal, I'd reccomend the Super Distortion in the bridge and the PAF Pro in the neck. Also consider the Breeds; big, fat, punchy hot PAF sound. You might also like the Steve Morse Bridge Model. In the neck you could try an Air Norton, PAF Pro/Joe, FRED or Breed Neck.

Edit: Just thought I'd mention, Invaders are muddy and horrible. Avoid.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by Rock Pig
^the Custom Custom has a very poorly defined bass and not very much in it tonally because of the ceramic magnets; the Custom 5 is head and shoulders above it.

... Why does almost everybody jump at the opportunity to reccomend pickups for the absolute heaviest thing he wanted? D-Activators? He didn't want heavy metal, remember?
If you've got the cash, you should get Bare Knuckles. I reccomend the Cold Sweat or Nailbomb in this case.
Otherwise, try DiMarzios. For hard rock, perhaps leaning towards a bit of metal, I'd reccomend the Super Distortion in the bridge and the PAF Pro in the neck. Also consider the Breeds; big, fat, punchy hot PAF sound. You might also like the Steve Morse Bridge Model. In the neck you could try an Air Norton, PAF Pro/Joe, FRED or Breed Neck.

Edit: Just thought I'd mention, Invaders are muddy and horrible. Avoid.

You're thinking of the Custom, the Custom Custom is a third pickup that uses an Alnico II magnet so its warmer than the regular custom but not as thumpy in the bass department as the custom 5.

i like both the custom custom and custom 5 over the regular custom with the ceramic magnet, dont like the stupid naming system adopted by seymour duncan though
Yah, I've gotten several people telling me the Invaders are muddy, I'll be sure to not use them.

Thank you Rock Pig, I'll check those out.
Quote by Diamond Dave
You're thinking of the Custom, the Custom Custom is a third pickup that uses an Alnico II magnet so its warmer than the regular custom but not as thumpy in the bass department as the custom 5.

i like both the custom custom and custom 5 over the regular custom with the ceramic magnet, dont like the stupid naming system adopted by seymour duncan though

Ah, I remember. The Custom Custom does have Alnico II, which does improve the tone, but the bass and treble mush up under gain. That's why I tend to reccomend the Custom 5.
^His profile says it's a VOX DA.

You probably won't hear the difference through that or any modelling amp, TS; you need a tub amp for high output pickups to be worthwhile.