I'm having a problem with my amp. Every time I turn it on i get this really annoying buzzing from the amp. my question is if this is:
1. a ground loop
2. a tube problem and it is time to replace the tubes
or
3. a shielding problem on Both of my guitar

Link to video with said problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFt3zPKi1w

Got an update. Today I tried the method to tap the tube with a pencil and the 2 marked tubes have a sound when i tapped them and all the other stayed quite. So could that be the problem?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Jan 31, 2009,
Are either jacks in the guitar/amp loose? Is the guitar even plugged in, because the cable may be touching metal when not plugged in to the guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
yes all jacks are plucked in. a guitar was also plucked in. I can still play but the buzzing won't go away.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
ok well the problem is within your amp, I had a similar problem 10 minutes before a gig and it was my guitar giving me the buzzing. All the wiring fell apart lol

I can't access the video cause I'm in school now, but my best guess from your description is that it might be time to replace the tubes. It could be a ground loop issue, but shielding problems on both guitars is highly unlikely. Have someone smart look at your ground loop just to rule it out before your replace the tubes
Quote by k_quest:
I feel like we are in Nazi Germany in this chat room
anybody more who can help?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
do you get the buzzing when you touch the strings or does it go away?

I'm assuming this is your JCM800? How old are the tubes? Can you try a different guitar in your amp? Fresh batteries in all the pedals? Swap some cables abound?
Doesn't goes away when I touch the strings.
yes.
Don' know still from the previous owner so I might as will do it anyway.
Already tried with my other guitar to. Tried by unplugging every pedal one efter the other. All pedals but one run on a pedal supply and the one that runs on battery with new battery, but when I unplug all the pedals from the loop it stops. neither does it appear when I run all the pedals in front of the amp.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
but when I unplug all the pedals from the loop it stops. neither does it appear when I run all the pedals in front of the amp.

that narrows that down....thanks

can you plug the battery pedal into AC? Is it just the 2 pedals?
unfortunately not. it's needs a positive tip supply that has a 1/8 plug (DOD FX40B). 6 pedals in the loop and 1 in front (the tuner).

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
oh, you mean all those pedals in your sig?

Well, since you've deduced it down to the loop it is possible one of the insert jacks for loop is loose inside? So when you run the pedals up front as a test they are in the same order as loop basically and you are using the same cables etc.?

I'd buy a power adapter for that one pedal and take the next step. That's all I got.
Yeah all of these

same cables and everything. how do I check this. should I take out the chassi and look and tighten all the loop jacks?

will do so this weekend.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Jan 29, 2009,
sorry for double post.
had some problem with my web browser.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Jan 29, 2009,
^yeah, I've been having inturdnetz lockups and such here too lately.

There are some tutorials I'm sure. Search on replacing amplifier insert jack. Opening up a chassis should not be taken lightly. Capacitors can kill.

So that pedal gives you no problems up front?
no. no problem when it's in the front.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Got an update. Today I tried the method to tap the tube with a pencil and the 2 marked tubes have a sound when i tapped them and all the other stayed quite. So could that be the problem?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
help!

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B