hopefully in the next couple of months ill be getting this

but I play mainly in d standard or drop c and with the floyd its going to be a pain! If it was set up for d standard proffesionally how easy would it be to go to drop c and back without loosing tune or tightening the springs....or should i just stick to stringthrus?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Get an EVH D-Tuna.

It'll drop your D down to C & back again...

(I know it was made for E>D>E but it'll still work)
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Please, please please, don't get a floyd rose!
They are fantasically useless, and I guarantee you will hate it after a few months. Honestly, unless you're willing to pay thousands for expert fine-tunings every three seconds, it's not worth it.

Peace
x
Quote by MrToucan
They are fantasically useless, and I guarantee you will hate it after a few months. Honestly, unless you're willing to pay thousands for expert fine-tunings every three seconds, it's not worth it.

Peace
x

In your opinion.
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
just make sure you're able to just use the fine-tuners to go from the low D to C
that's exactly what i do!

but i kinda ****ed it up a lil' bit when i last re-strung it, so i should probably do it properly
that is a beautiful guitar
but if its a licensed floyd, dont get it
i'd get a tremol-no instead of the d-tuna
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
And to avoid a pointless post, i regularly do change between D standard and C, it generally only slightly knocks the others out, it's very easy to just fine tune them and lock it, as long as it was set up well.
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
Floyd Roses are fine if you have a little patience, but they just require some experience to get to grips with. They're actually not that hard to work with at all. If in doubt, take it to a store to get it restrung/retuned and ask them to show you how to do it for next time. And if you want to change your tuning between C and D regularly, get a Tremol-no. They're easy as **** to install and make life SO much easier, but also allow you to use your Floyd Rose as if it weren't even there!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Quote by MrToucan

Peace
x

I agree. I got one on my second guitar not really knowing what it was. Say goodbye to easy tuning changes. The sad part is, I don't even like whammy bars, I think they sound stupid. So unless you are a huge whammy fan, and want to make all the sacrifice, don't go for a floyd rose. Nasty, pesky maintenance.
Nice guitar! I like it!

Yup, floyds & tuning change suck. Dropping the low string the full step will loosen over all tension and cause the bridge to sag, lowering the action. You should be able to drop the one string and compensate for the droop by raising the pivot posts to bring the action back up. If it's too much sag to compensate for, then you'll have to adjust spring tension in the back.

Because I play a lot of different stuff like classic rock in E, some stuff in D#, drop C#, etc, I got tired of pissing around with changing spring tension on the trem. That's why I put a wood block under the trem to keep it from either going up or down. Besides, I don't play stuff with whammy dive bombs, etc.

Personally, I'd rather not mess with the floyd and just have a hardtail, but with me it was an easy fix to keep what I had.
Quote by Sakattack75
that is a beautiful guitar
but if its a licensed floyd, dont get it
i'd get a tremol-no instead of the d-tuna

it has an original floyd rose

so theoretically if its setup well for d standard and i roughly know what im doing with either tremol-no/d-tuna than switching between the tunings shouldnt be much of a problem...right? dont really want to spemd £780 on guitar i could potentially break
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Don't get Floyd if you're gonna bitch about them like some people here. Get it only if you are gonna use the whammy bar a lot. On my first attempt of string changing, I got me a heavy guage, and ended up with a croocked bridge, so I tighten the springs and still wouldnt do. So then I got another set of light strings, set up the springs again, lowered the bridge a little and ended up with a perfectly setup guitar.

My point is, you'll struggle the first few times, but its not rocket science once you get around.

Some people here obviously never heard of Joe Satriani or Steve Vai... damn ignorants.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Syn_66
it has an original floyd rose

so theoretically if its setup well for d standard and i roughly know what im doing with either tremol-no/d-tuna than switching between the tunings shouldnt be much of a problem...right? dont really want to spemd £780 on guitar i could potentially break

With the D-Tuna, you can drop the tuning without releasing the lock-nuts or having to alter the fine tuners, with the Tremol-No, you can't use the trem at all on one setting, only dive on the other or don't use the T/N and it'll still bugger up your tuning.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do

this ones mine, they look alike XD
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
^^thats nice! when i saw your sig thought it was the V similar to the laiho sig, though the trans blue isnt metal enough for me
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

Quote by r4ster
You won't be able to use D-Tuna on fully floating bridge.

I'm embarrased for all of you that it took this long for someone to make this point.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Syn_66

but I play mainly in d standard or drop c and with the floyd its going to be a pain! If it was set up for d standard proffesionally how easy would it be to go to drop c and back without loosing tune or tightening the springs....or should i just stick to stringthrus?

It'll be a pain in the arse, and as has finally been pointed out the D-tuna would be utterly useless.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If your going to be doing tuning changes a floyd just isn't for you. I know thats a sexy guitar but maybe you can get a version without the floyd.
Some of you dudes need to learn to set up your own guitars.

Keep one guitar in drop C and one in D. (Assuming you already have a guitar at the moment.)
Last edited by caraluzzo at Jan 31, 2009,