Hey! Got a short question. I really like the sound of the ENGL Powerball, but a big downside for me is that it has no build in reverb. So since I have almost no knowledge of pedals, my question is.. Are there any pedals that can compete with the good reverbs that are build in some amps? Hope you can help me, cause I love the Powerball, and would be a shame if I had to leave it in the store cause of the reverb.
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
Depending on what your budget is a EHX holy grail is pretty good on the cheap. Or if you want boutique Dr. Scientist makes a killer reverb pedal
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Do you need a short amp-like reverb or a spacey long reverb?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^ yeah. i tried it next to the reverb in the engl screamer and preferred the pedal (certainly the extra versatility). it's pretty dear, though.

though i haven't tried very many reverb pedals, so...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hi dave

I hear a lot of people say that Engl's don't take to pedals well.... is this just because they sound so good without pedals or is it a true statement?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
i imagine it's a bit of both. depends on the model, too, some probably take pedals better than others...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my fireball takes em fine. but i run all but an over drive in the fx loop, so i really cant comment about out front.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
I can't imagine non-distortion/overdrive pedals actually doing anything bad to your base tone if they're of a good build quality.
oh yeah, when i mean pedals i mean od/dist/boosts etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What Engl models would you say take best to pedals?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
not sure. i've only tried a couple of them with pedals, and they take some pedals better than others...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey! Sorry I was away, haha. I don't really have a fixed budget, cause I just want it to sound great. I heared 300 euro's should get me a good reverb. So price doesnt really matter so much. I'd like a pedal though, I'm not a rack person, haha. It should be pretty versitile as well. Don't know if it helps, but I play music in the style of Opeth (the newer cd's, blackwater park and after)
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
well, 300 euro (based on the price here, anyway) should get you that t-rex one, or close to it at least. but as i said, i haven't tried too many reverb pedals- you should definitely try as many as you can at the t-rex's price, and also some cheaper ones too, in case the t-rex isn't worth the extra money to you.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The TC Electronic NR-1 NOVA Reverb is something you should check out too.
TC has some amazing products.
Ok great! Thanks people ^^

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010