Ok so i got loaners from my bro... right now im using his acoustic/eclectic combo guitar... and im wondering what would give me a great sound with this amp he lent me Its an Ibanez Model GIA15R amp that came with his other guitar he owns... it has a bunch of setting that i don't know how to play with... being that I'm a complete noob with guitars and stuff so far i don't know what i should adjust my amp for.

the different amp settings are

1. gain
2. bass
3. middle
4. treb
5. volume

then there is a cd input jack

and then volume for the cd input

im just wondering what i should adjust this stuff for

and also on the guitar there is
1. bass
2. middle
3. treb

and i dont know what i should adjust those for
Bass and trebble are simple. Mids idk exactly. But you get more of a metal sound with high bass/trebble and low mids.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Bass and trebble are simple. Mids idk exactly. But you get more of a metal sound with high bass/trebble and low mids.

Sweet.
bass, middle, and treble are EQ or equalization.
if you turn the bass up, for example, you turn up the amount of bass frequency that comes through with your sound. each will have a different effect (eg. more treble makes a sharper sound, more bass makes a boomier or warmer sound)
mess around with them and see what settings sound best to you
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20