Im on a bit of a roll with the whole songwriting thing.

The story behind this one, was I was having a bit of a twiddle on the guitar 2 hours before going to the pub, and came up with some decent tunes, so i decided to lay them down. This is the first song aswell which i have a bash at improvised soloing, although its one of my major weaknesses.

Kinda on the short side, but check it out anyway. C4C

its in the profile
Last edited by ascendancy2 at Jan 29, 2009,
Hey again

Really awesome track. Would sound great with some drums in! Have you ever considered using drum software on your songs? I'm impressed that you improvised the solo - it doesn't seem to be that much of a weak spot... I'm trying to nitpick but I can't really see anything I would change right now; just maybe try flesh it out into a fully fledged song. Good work.
Nice dude! There's some great riffs in here. You manage to get a good groove without drums, though it would bring the song really to life if they were there. The leads over the rhythm at 0:32 are really cool. The riff right after that at 0:48 is my favorite. The part where you pan the guitar to the left would sound really good with drums. The solo wasn't shabby at all for improv. At the end did you get tired and slow down or was that intentional? hehe

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055447
Quote by supralightning
Nice dude! There's some great riffs in here. You manage to get a good groove without drums, though it would bring the song really to life if they were there. The leads over the rhythm at 0:32 are really cool. The riff right after that at 0:48 is my favorite. The part where you pan the guitar to the left would sound really good with drums. The solo wasn't shabby at all for improv. At the end did you get tired and slow down or was that intentional? hehe

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055447

heheh, cant lie, i did get tired. Its all downstrokes at 230 bpm :P but i decided to use my ingenuity and make it seem like it was intentional . This was basically a showcase for some riffs really as i was drinking and writing at the same time before hitting the pub. Ill try and come up with some more riffs or summin to elongate the song. butthanks for the crit.

Both of yer :P
Last edited by ascendancy2 at Jan 29, 2009,